Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2015, 01:56 AM   #1

Dry cabinet and weather resistant

Hi!

New member here! I just bought a pentax K3II and love it!
I have a question regarding the WR function of pentax camera. Will storing the camera with WR lens in dry cabinet prevent removal of moisture from the camera body? Will it be better for me to keep the camera with a non WR lens attached, or remove the lens altogether?

Thanks!

07-24-2015, 06:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nivoko Quote
Will storing the camera with WR lens in dry cabinet prevent removal of moisture from the camera body?
Welcome to the forums.

While the WR is good, it does not form a perfect seal, so putting camera with lens mounted in a dry-cabinet should still work. But of course drying will work better if lens and body sit apart.
07-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
Pentaxian

^ agreed, you can store the camera with a lens mounted. If you ever suspect moisture in the camera, perhaps after changing lenses during rain, or condensation from going from cold air conditioning to hot humid weather, then remove the lens before storage.
07-24-2015, 11:31 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Welcome to the forums.
Thanks! Glad to see an active community here.

Thanks for the advice too!

A related question, do you usually remove the lens when storing the camera? I have read that this increase the chance of getting dust into the body.

07-25-2015, 01:06 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nivoko Quote
do you usually remove the lens when storing the camera?
I never leave the camera open. If there isn't a lens on the camera, there is a body cap on it. Ditto for lenses. They never go anywhere without a front and rear lens cap on them, whether it be in the camera bag or dry-cabinet.
07-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I never take off a lens there is always one on the body. The lens doesn't have to be WR as any lens will do fine at keeping the dust and moisture out (if you like to take lots of pics in the shower, well that is a different story all together LOL)

Enjoy your new camera!

Randy