Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Amazon

Does anyone know if Amazon has refreshed its stock of K-3iis to be free of the suspect SNs? I mean Amazon itself (Sold and Shipped by Amazon) not one of the third party sellers whom Amazon ships for. I have returned two from a well rated 3rd party seller which were used, not new as listed, and I do not want to go that route again. The two I just returned worked well and I would have kept them if they had not already been used for several hundred pictures.

07-29-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Does anyone know if Amazon has refreshed its stock of K-3iis to be free of the suspect SNs? I mean Amazon itself (Sold and Shipped by Amazon) not one of the third party sellers whom Amazon ships for. I have returned two from a well rated 3rd party seller which were used, not new as listed, and I do not want to go that route again. The two I just returned worked well and I would have kept them if they had not already been used for several hundred pictures.
B&H has for sure. I'd order from them if you want to be sure you get a good copy.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes,B&H does have new stock but I have a bunch of credits on Amazon I would like to use. By the way I asked Adorama but after going through two reps all they would say is they have no way of knowing. I have not had good experiences with Adorama but I keep trying.
07-30-2015, 05:22 AM   #4

I ordered K-3II to B&H on 06/18/15. What I got is the one that might have the problem but I have not experienced the problem yet. Actually, I had been out of town for my vacation and got the Ricoh announcement late. I web-chatted with them last week and they told me that they know neither the problem nor the Ricoh announcement. Finally, I gave them the web link to the Ricoh announcement to convince them. However, The day of my order is little over a month ago and they refuse to exchange. This is what happened to me, FYI.

07-30-2015, 06:47 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Forestskier,

Go to the B&H thread on the forum. Tell Henry about your issue and see if he can help. The issue seems to be that you did not try to return within the 30 day return period.
07-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #6

Mikesul,

Exactly. I came back from my vacation on 18th of July, which was after 31 day from my order, and I chatted with them on Monday, 20th of July. That is why they told me that I have to send my camera to Ricoh.
07-30-2015, 08:51 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by forestskier Quote
That is why they told me that I have to send my camera to Ricoh.
Well at least that way you can, hopefully, be sure your camera will be free of that problem.