Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
So silly me, I dropped my K-3 with a heavy lens attached and the body mounting plate sheared off. Placing it back and tightening the screws (as much as I could) I was able to reattach my lenses and all were able to focus and take correctly-exposed images BUT the aperture setting reads "F---" no matter what lens I put on it. Obviously I did more than just shearing the mounting plate off. As such I'm sending it off to Precision hoping it comes back quickly. Wish me luck.

Michael

P.S. given the prices of new K-3s am I stupid to pay $315 for them to fix it? (with no guarantee it won't cost more)
Same thing happened to me. I was covered by New Leaf drops warranty. They sent it to Precision. Came back and it would not focused. Returned to New Leaf who sent to Precision. This was weeks ago. Still no fixed camera. I really do not think much of Precision repair (not my only dealing with them.)

08-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
Unfortunately we Pentaxians in the USA have to deal with Precision Camera
There are other options, though not for warranty work. For example, there are users on this site who have used KEH for repair their Pentax gear. The main advantage to Precision is that they have the Ricoh/Pentax diagnostics and calibration tools and (presumably) appropriate training.

Steve
08-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kev.pride Quote
Always a smart arse on these forums, see you provided some advice for the OP - not!!!
Perhaps you missed the emoticons or maybe it was the lobotomy ? Get well soon !!!
08-03-2015, 01:17 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
Perhaps you missed the emoticons or maybe it was the lobotomy ? Get well soon !!!
Still providing advice to others I see.