Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-3 GPS for shift-lens effect

OK...let me try to explain what I am looking for:
When using the Astrofunction together with the Pentax O-GPS unit the sensor is able to move to a certain degree to eliminate star traces caused by the rotation of the earth.
I read somewhere - of course I cannot recall where - that the same sensor shift function would be available for "manual" sensor movement, so that one would be "manually" able to move the sensor upwards and downwards if one used the GPS. And with this one would be able to "imitate" the shift-effect that else is achieved by using a tilt-shift lens, so it would enable one to get rid of the falling lines effect in architectural photography.

Now comes the catch: I have looked through the manual and I haven't found any description of how to use this shift effect.

So I wonder: is this really a feature of the K-3 or did I only dream that this was possible? And if it is possible does anyone of the wise pentaxforum members happen to know where I can find a description of how to use it (page of the manual or website)?
Yes I could google...the point is: I have no clue what keywords I should use in that search...

So any help in this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lille Ulven

08-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Sensor Shift In Action: Increasing Field of View - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

First result in Google using the keywords Pentaxforums Sensor Shift

Entering Sensor Shift into the search box in the upper right corner returns the same result.
08-13-2015, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try this: How to Turn Any Lens into a Shift Lens - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com
and this:
Sensor Shift In Action: Increasing Field of View - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

But I think it is under composition adjust and does not have anything to do with GPS.
08-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The composition adjustment option can be hard to locate, but it's in the live view menu:

Like others have said, it has nothing to do with the GPS and is available on most (if not all) Pentax bodies launched since 2012.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I posted a thread with a few examples of using composition adjust to control converging verticals here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/275602-compositi...you-using.html
08-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you all!
I would never have looked for it in the Live View Menu...
So I'll most certainly check out the videos and post you kindly provided me the links for.