Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2016, 05:38 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the K-3II. I have been out shooting on different occasions this Spring. I had really wanted to see results of bird in flight action. I have experienced excellent results, with for example Terns, Osprey, Canadian Geese, and Seagulls, plus smaller duck type birds that were moving quite quickly. I use AF.C and my settings are 1250 shutter, F8, and +.3 EV in TAV mode. The amount of keepers is almost one after another given ample direct view of the subject and timing. Although my K-5IIS is a superior performer, I feel that the AF for action/tracking purpose of the K-3II is a significant step ahead which is really quite dependable for most circumstances as an AF system. Plus the detail and color that the K-3II provides contributes along with the AF to make it the best APSC dslr that Pentax has made yet.

04-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hahahaha. At least that's plus one for me for getting the K-3II instead of the K-3. To be honest, considering our awful after sales service here in the Philippines, I passed the K-3 because I was scared I might get one with the mirror flap issue. I even ordered my K-3II in Japan and specifically requested that I get one with serial numbers beyond those affected by the GPS issue. I think there were people in youtube who were saying that it wasn't worth getting the K-3II and instead go for the K-3. Now I can say, I'm truly blessed with my decision.

Last edited by totsmuyco; 04-30-2016 at 06:15 PM. Reason: added more to the message
05-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
I have the K-3II. I have been out shooting on different occasions this Spring. I had really wanted to see results of bird in flight action. I have experienced excellent results, with for example Terns, Osprey, Canadian Geese, and Seagulls, plus smaller duck type birds that were moving quite quickly. I use AF.C and my settings are 1250 shutter, F8, and +.3 EV in TAV mode. The amount of keepers is almost one after another given ample direct view of the subject and timing. Although my K-5IIS is a superior performer, I feel that the AF for action/tracking purpose of the K-3II is a significant step ahead which is really quite dependable for most circumstances as an AF system. Plus the detail and color that the K-3II provides contributes along with the AF to make it the best APSC dslr that Pentax has made yet.
With which lens?