Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2015, 02:44 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
SOS - Pop up flash problem

Hello,
I have a problem with my pop up flash, yesterday for no reason, the screw on the pop up flash fly away during my shoot ! Did anyone have this problem before ? do you know which type of screw I have to buy to replace it ?
The screw is marked in red here.
Thanks a lot !

Attached Images

08-21-2015, 03:01 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
Hello,
I have a problem with my pop up flash, yesterday for no reason, the screw on the pop up flash fly away during my shoot ! Did anyone have this problem before ? do you know which type of screw I have to buy to replace it ?
There's always a reason something happens, you just don't know what it was
My guess the missing screw is identical to the one on the other lever. Take the camera to a jeweler, he might have something suitable.
08-21-2015, 04:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
There's always a reason something happens, you just don't know what it was
I click the button for the pop up flash and the flash pop, the screws fly away @_@

Last edited by redcat; 08-21-2015 at 07:55 AM.
08-21-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When was the last time you popped the flash up? Are you using the pop up flash frequently? When the flash is up, you have to be extra careful since it becomes very fragile, an accidental bump could jar it loose. The screw would be the same as in the other arm. I would try to find a matching screw somewhere, may be an old camera, lens or etc. I trip to the jeweller would be option as well as Steve.Ledger suggested. Good luck...

08-24-2015, 01:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
When was the last time you popped the flash up? Are you using the pop up flash frequently? When the flash is up, you have to be extra careful since it becomes very fragile, an accidental bump could jar it loose. The screw would be the same as in the other arm. I would try to find a matching screw somewhere, may be an old camera, lens or etc. I trip to the jeweller would be option as well as Steve.Ledger suggested. Good luck...
i use the flash frequently to control my external flash, the crews might be loosen and both screws flied away so nothing to compare !!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Take the camera to a jeweler, he might have something suitable.
I'll take a trip to jewelery to see if they have something, thanks a lot !
08-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
I'll take a trip to jewelery to see if they have something, thanks a lot !
A camera repair shop may also be helpful. If your camera is still under warranty, contact Ricoh/Pentax for repair.

Steve