Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2015, 04:24 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
What Pentax really needs, much more than a FF digital body and more lenses, is a top notch repair facility ran by Ricoh/Pentax themselves. A dedicated repair site just for Pentax and operated by Pentax. Even if they have to increase the cost by 10% across the board to fund it.. the extra cost would be worth it!!!
I wouldn't know as to the budget but, I totally agree with a dedicated repair center.

10-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I wouldn't know as to the budget but, I totally agree with a dedicated repair center.

Though another way to look at it is after 2-3 years the body your shooting with is so cheap it's not worth fixing anyway. Why fix a K3 body when you can buy a new for $640 tight now? It probably cost more to repair it if something major went wrong.

But I would welcome a Pentax run repair facility.
10-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote

But I would welcome a Pentax run repair facility.
Agreed and to add to it, there are only so many things you can outsource before the customer experience gets thrown under the bus.....
10-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Agreed and to add to it, there are only so many things you can outsource before the customer experience gets thrown under the bus.....

LOL! Though having shot Pentax off and on Professionally for over 30 years, I sometime feel like I LIVE under the bus!

10-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #50

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
This sucks, It has been a month since I was told my camera is corroded beyond repair. Precision has no idea why they have the camera back. They had it over a week.
Pentax had no idea precision had the camera. Even though I have called pentax three times to report precision had the camera back.
There is absolutely no communication in between these two companies. It's a joke. The camera is 9 months old and still under warranty.
I called precision today and was told it will be $300+ to repair an unrepairable camera. Huh?

I complained to Pentax and they just want to fix the mirror flop issues and send it back. Not even realizing the camera does not work at all and suffered a multitude of issues.
Including being corroded and unrepairable. Don't these guys write notes? Sheeesh. This is going to end badly.
Joe
10-15-2015, 12:03 PM   #51
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stargeezer Quote
This sucks, It has been a month since I was told my camera is corroded beyond repair. Precision has no idea why they have the camera back. They had it over a week.
Pentax had no idea precision had the camera. Even though I have called pentax three times to report precision had the camera back.
There is absolutely no communication in between these two companies. It's a joke. The camera is 9 months old and still under warranty.
I called precision today and was told it will be $300+ to repair an unrepairable camera. Huh?

I complained to Pentax and they just want to fix the mirror flop issues and send it back. Not even realizing the camera does not work at all and suffered a multitude of issues.
Including being corroded and unrepairable. Don't these guys write notes? Sheeesh. This is going to end badly.
Joe
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but look at it this way. Pentax is a big corporation and not a small shop that owes you $6k+ that you'll never see because the owner committed suicide(yes, I'm screwed and not the only one).
10-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #52
Pentaxian

Sorry to hear about that. Look into the laws of your country. How are consumers protected? Maybe that would help.