Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
Site Supporter

K-3 II Firmware Update

I just bought a K-3 II. One of the first things I do after purchasing a new camera is to see if there is an update to the firmware. When I searched I found nothing for the K-3 II but a multitude for the K-3. Do I use the K-3 firmware updates on the K-3 II? My instinct says no but my instinct is also surprised that there is no new software for a camera that has been on the market for a few months.

So, is the proper firmware for the K-3 II Version 1.00? Is there new firmware specifically for the K-3 II? Do I use the K-3 firmware updates with the K-3 II?

Thanks in advance for helping this newcomer.

Will

09-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No, there is no update yet for the K3 II. V 1.00 is the current firmware.
09-16-2015, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Willindeed Quote
I just bought a K-3 II. One of the first things I do after purchasing a new camera is to see if there is an update to the firmware. When I searched I found nothing for the K-3 II but a multitude for the K-3. Do I use the K-3 firmware updates on the K-3 II? My instinct says no but my instinct is also surprised that there is no new software for a camera that has been on the market for a few months.

So, is the proper firmware for the K-3 II Version 1.00? Is there new firmware specifically for the K-3 II? Do I use the K-3 firmware updates with the K-3 II?

Thanks in advance for helping this newcomer.

Will
You'd use updates specific to the K-3 II, and indeed there aren't any yet.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-16-2015, 12:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks

Thank you, gentlemen.

06-24-2016, 06:35 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Did we ever find an update to the K-3II firmware? I feel like I have only found updates for the K-3. I just bought my camera 2 weeks ago and would like to update it possible!
06-24-2016, 06:42 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mattieyp3 Quote
Did we ever find an update to the K-3II firmware? I feel like I have only found updates for the K-3. I just bought my camera 2 weeks ago and would like to update it possible!
There are no updates yet. Expect one soon; the update will add support for KAF4 lenses.

Pentax generally doesn't add features through firmware, but rather support for new lenses/accessories and bug fixes.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-24-2016, 06:45 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There are no updates yet. Expect one soon; the update will add support for KAF4 lenses.

Pentax generally doesn't add features through firmware, but rather support for new lenses/accessories and bug fixes.
Thanks Adam!

06-25-2016, 03:34 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I seem to recall that my *istDS only had AF.S when I bought it new, and AF.C was added through firmware update.
06-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
I seem to recall that my *istDS only had AF.S when I bought it new, and AF.C was added through firmware update.
Hence generally There are exceptions, and in the case of the DS it was actually the only Pentax DSLR to go from a v1 to a v2 firmware. The K10D also got a lot of updates for wireless flash, SDM support, etc.

Adam

08-19-2016, 07:12 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I have just successfully run firmware update V1.10. I won't be getting one of the new electromagnetic diaphragm lenses, but the update probably helps general running.