Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2015, 10:29 AM   #1

Anti-shake not available?

I discovered on my K3 that when the shutter is set to operate on remote (infrared), antishake is turned off and can't be turned on Is this normal?. This is not a problem, since with remote the camera is normally mounted on a tripod. But sometimes I have set the shutter to remote and forget to reset it for normal use (which of course still works). Next time, antishake is gone. The first time this happened it threw me and it took about a half hour to discover the cause as there doesn't seem to be anything about this in the manual.

09-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, it is normal and is necessary.
Camera on tripod should have the SR turned off. If you forget, and if camera knows it is on tripod (such as using remote control), it will do it for you :-)
09-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Are you saying SR is disabled even though the shutter isn't set to Remote anymore?
09-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Are you saying SR is disabled even though the shutter isn't set to Remote anymore?
If you set to ir remote it acts a perfectly normal single shot mode with the shutter button except no sr.

I find the user modes very useful. User1 is a baseline setting I use for long lenses, and I often start there and change a bunch of stuff to match conditions. I can quickly and easily get back to the baseline settings by cycling the power.

09-20-2015, 12:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the response. I just wanted to be sure the "no antishake" in remote mode was normal, since the first time it threw me for a surprise.
Thanks also for the tip about setting up usermodes for telephoto, wide angle, etc. Veryy useful.
09-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
If you set to ir remote it acts a perfectly normal single shot mode with the shutter button except no sr.
I know that. I was asking if the SR stayed disabled even though he switched drive modes, which would be a bug