Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I followed up today and called 800-234-0276 (Ricoh/Pentax support). The agent told me if the item is shipped by Amazon itself to hold on to the proof of purchase. She was very helpful.

09-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
I followed up today and called 800-234-0276 (Ricoh/Pentax support). The agent told me if the item is shipped by Amazon itself to hold on to the proof of purchase. She was very helpful.

I ordered a 55-300 from Another Deal Site fulfilled by Amazon and it had a Ricoh USA warranty card in it.

More importantly was your K3II you ordered an above the 6206660 serial number or was it still stock from below the magic number?

(The reason I ask is I decided to jump back in the water... : ) )
09-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
I ordered a 55-300 from Another Deal Site fulfilled by Amazon and it had a Ricoh USA warranty card in it.

More importantly was your K3II you ordered an above the 6206660 serial number or was it still stock from below the magic number?

(The reason I ask is I decided to jump back in the water... : ) )
I have not ordered either the K-3 II or the Pentax 16-85 yet, but having checked with Ricoh/Pentax to find out the "Amazon shipped" and proof of purchase factors as what is accepted, I will know the guidelines if I purchase from "Another Deal Site" or a similar "Amazon Fulfilled" dealer.

I talked to Pentax customer service today and am going to be sent an e-mail containing the serial number ranges. I was told the same number you mentioned.

If you do order, the other things that are important besides what I mentioned above are the presence of the USA warranty in the original box. After you test the camera somewhat, and you feel satisfied, you can register it. If there is any conflict with the serial no., or Pentax is not able to recognize it, you can contact Amazon, tell them, and initiate a return for refund or exchange. Being stored and shipped by Amazon, the item is at least not coming directly from a grey market location, and you have Amazon customer service and Ricoh to turn to. I do not know if you know this yet or not, but you can purchase a 2 year extension Pentax/Ricoh warranty to add on to the original 1 year (for a total of three) at Adorama for $17.96. I just wanted to mention that to you.

So, at least if you purchase now you will know a way to do it reasonably.

As I mentioned, I may be purchasing the K-3 II and a Pentax 16-85 soon.
09-30-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I have not ordered either the K-3 II or the Pentax 16-85 yet, but having checked with Ricoh/Pentax to find out the "Amazon shipped" and proof of purchase factors as what is accepted, I will know the guidelines if I purchase from "Another Deal Site" or a similar "Amazon Fulfilled" dealer.

I talked to Pentax customer service today and am going to be sent an e-mail containing the serial number ranges. I was told the same number you mentioned.

If you do order, the other things that are important besides what I mentioned above are the presence of the USA warranty in the original box. After you test the camera somewhat, and you feel satisfied, you can register it. If there is any conflict with the serial no., or Pentax is not able to recognize it, you can contact Amazon, tell them, and initiate a return for refund or exchange. Being stored and shipped by Amazon, the item is at least not coming directly from a grey market location, and you have Amazon customer service and Ricoh to turn to. I do not know if you know this yet or not, but you can purchase a 2 year extension Pentax/Ricoh warranty to add on to the original 1 year (for a total of three) at Adorama for $17.96. I just wanted to mention that to you.

So, at least if you purchase now you will know a way to do it reasonably.

As I mentioned, I may be purchasing the K-3 II and a Pentax 16-85 soon.

Yes, thanks for all that. Today I got the K3 II and it's SN 6216191 so out of the "danger" range... LOL. Camera was 100% new and so far is 100% working fine. The GPS took 40 seconds to go from on to locked first time. Also, it had a Ricoh North America warranty card with it. It was Another Deal Site fulfilled by AMAZON.

I also bought the 2 year extended warranty from B&H. Great deal for $17.95...

10-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Looks like you are in a good way with your new purchases of the camera and warranty. The specifics you gave about the out of the "range", performance seeming alright and the warranty purchase makes it look like your are pretty well set.

I have ordered the Pentax K-3 II and a Pentax 16-85 lens. So, I will be awaiting them, and will be purchasing the 2 year warranty extension also.

Have a great day.
10-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Looks like you are in a good way with your new purchases of the camera and warranty. The specifics you gave about the out of the "range", performance seeming alright and the warranty purchase makes it look like your are pretty well set.

I have ordered the Pentax K-3 II and a Pentax 16-85 lens. So, I will be awaiting them, and will be purchasing the 2 year warranty extension also.

Have a great day.

Thanks! Good luck with your purchase I hope it all goes smoothly! It's a great camera.
10-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks.
10-03-2015, 06:59 AM   #23
mee
Site Supporter

I think the real test in this situation is actually sending the camera to Precision afterwards for warranty service and seeing if they accept it or not.

As the blurb states in the authorized resellsers pdf:

"While Amazon is an authorized online dealer of Ricoh Imaging product, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being “shipped from and sold by,” which is stated in the header for each product on Amazon.com"

Please note the 'and sold by' part as that makes me unsure of if unlisted third parties such as 'another deal site' are truly accepted or not for Pentax warranty service.

The way I read that, Beach camera on Amazon is covered (since it is explicitly listed) but 'another deal site' may not be... even though the products are shipped by Amazon. That is to say, I'm still leery of the situation. And will be until someone sends their camera in for warranty work from one of these unlisted Amazon outfits and is accepted.

Otherwise Amazon itself is fine, B&H looks nice, Adorama is fine, even QVC is listed... but I think I will skip unlisted 3rd party Amazon vendors when wanting confidence in a Pentax warranty.

10-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I think the real test in this situation is actually sending the camera to Precision afterwards for warranty service and seeing if they accept it or not.

As the blurb states in the authorized resellsers pdf:

"While Amazon is an authorized online dealer of Ricoh Imaging product, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being “shipped from and sold by,” which is stated in the header for each product on Amazon.com"

Please note the 'and sold by' part as that makes me unsure of if unlisted third parties such as 'another deal site' are truly accepted or not for Pentax warranty service.

The way I read that, Beach camera on Amazon is covered (since it is explicitly listed) but 'another deal site' may not be... even though the products are shipped by Amazon. That is to say, I'm still leery of the situation. And will be until someone sends their camera in for warranty work from one of these unlisted Amazon outfits and is accepted.

Otherwise Amazon itself is fine, B&H looks nice, Adorama is fine, even QVC is listed... but I think I will skip unlisted 3rd party Amazon vendors when wanting confidence in a Pentax warranty.

Well the K3II I just got from Another Deal Site and fulfilled by Amazon included a Ricoh North American warranty card in it, so I'm pretty confident that Precision will fix it if anything goes wrong...

What more do want?
10-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #25
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
Well the K3II I just got from Another Deal Site and fulfilled by Amazon included a Ricoh North American warranty card in it, so I'm pretty confident that Precision will fix it if anything goes wrong...

What more do want?
To see what happens when you send it to Precision..
10-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To see what happens when you send it to Precision..
Once again as I have said before I bought my K50 from a Canadian dealer on Amazon and when out needed service Precision gave me no trouble.
10-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #27
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Once again as I have said before I bought my K50 from a Canadian dealer on Amazon and when out needed service Precision gave me no trouble.
Once again? Do you know how rude that comes across? I'm afraid I don't recall ever seeing you post about you owning a K-50, Buying it from a Canadian dealer through Amazon, or sending it into Precision for repair.

Was the Canadian dealer on the authorized resellers list? If not, was the item shipped by Amazon directly? If not, what is the point of being an authorized reseller?
10-03-2015, 10:06 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Once again? Do you know how rude that comes across? I'm afraid I don't recall ever seeing you post about you owning a K-50, Buying it from a Canadian dealer through Amazon, or sending it into Precision for repair.

Was the Canadian dealer on the authorized resellers list? If not, was the item shipped by Amazon directly? If not, what is the point of being an authorized reseller?
Appologies. It wasn't meant to be rude. The item details are not clear in my mind right now. Let me verify by going back and looking. I think it was fulfilled by Amazon.