Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3II Seller

Hi,

On Amazon a seller named "Another Deal Site" is offering the K-3II for sale. Is that seller an authorized Pentax dealer? I just want to make sure the U.S. warranty is valid on anything I may buy.

Thank you.

Last edited by C_Jones; 09-20-2015 at 03:25 PM.
09-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is the Pentax US Authorized dealers list as of last October. You can check it for your dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Authorized_Dealer_List_10-29-14.pdf (356.2 KB, 337 views)
09-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have that dealer listing (same version date)
I did not see it on there. I am not sure if it is the most recent version, but it seems to be. I suppose I should limit myself to dealers on the list to be wise, even though I could pay less price and/or tax if I trusted the ones that are not on it. On the Ricoh site that is supposedly being updated, the list is not available right now.

Thanks.
09-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
I have that dealer listing (same version date)
I did not see it on there. I am not sure if it is the most recent version, but it seems to be. I suppose I should limit myself to dealers on the list to be wise, even though I could pay less price and/or tax if I trusted the ones that are not on it. On the Ricoh site that is supposedly being updated, the list is not available right now.

Thanks.
Amazon sellers that sell below the MSRP and/or MAP price are oftentimes grey market. Don't expect warranty coverage if the purchase price looks too good to be true

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. I will note that. As a possible option to Amazon I was looking at Beach Camera also. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by C_Jones; 09-20-2015 at 04:36 PM.
09-20-2015, 05:14 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I always thought "another Deal Site" was an obfuscation so that Amazon could pass through deals without redirecting you to another site - I didn't realize it might be an actual seller!
09-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometimes the "name" of the business is different from the store name. I work for "Franklin Specialties" but the name of the store is Green's Camera World.

09-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

"Another Deal" sounds an awful lot like things I see on the Bay by Otis Squirrel. Surely everyone knows not to deal with Otis Squirrel by now?

Regards!
09-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I bought stuff from "another deal site" before. Item was new and no issues so far but no warranty either. Definitely cheaper. It is a trade off of price vs. warranty.
09-20-2015, 10:55 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Thanks Adam. I will note that. As a possible option to Amazon I was looking at Beach Camera also. Thanks for your advice.
I'd certainly be nervous about foregoing warranty coverage on these devices. They are very complex and all sorts of things can happen. Having a problem and knowing you're covered by warranty is very comforting.
09-21-2015, 04:17 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Davidparis Quote
I'd certainly be nervous about foregoing warranty coverage on these devices. They are very complex and all sorts of things can happen. Having a problem and knowing you're covered by warranty is very comforting.
Add a square trade warranty abc calculate the price based on that.
09-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Also be wary of getting bargains from abroad, the higher value items may well attract import duties, and international warranties may not be so good.
09-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #13

Just got off the Phone with Ricoh 303-799-8000 they said since it is purchased through Amazon it will be warrantied but make sure and keep all receipts.

I told them the name of the company Another Deal Site fulfilled by Amazon that it would be warrantied

---------- Post added 09-22-15 at 12:58 PM ----------

I will know tomorrow for sure I ordered mine yesterday from Amazon didn't know till i received item shipped info today that it is from another deal site.

Tomorrow I will call Ricoh and give them the serial # and get it verified plus the best give away if it is grey is that the warranty will not be in english

I will update

---------- Post added 09-22-15 at 12:59 PM ----------

And if not thats the good thing about Amazon no hassle return
09-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ghamden Quote
Just got off the Phone with Ricoh 303-799-8000 they said since it is purchased through Amazon it will be warrantied but make sure and keep all receipts.

I told them the name of the company Another Deal Site fulfilled by Amazon that it would be warrantied

---------- Post added 09-22-15 at 12:58 PM ----------

I will know tomorrow for sure I ordered mine yesterday from Amazon didn't know till i received item shipped info today that it is from another deal site.

Tomorrow I will call Ricoh and give them the serial # and get it verified plus the best give away if it is grey is that the warranty will not be in english

I will update

---------- Post added 09-22-15 at 12:59 PM ----------

And if not thats the good thing about Amazon no hassle return

So what happened? Was it warrantied by Ricoh? Thanks.
09-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I noticed that Another Deal Sites' listings for the K-3II and Pentax 16-85 are noted as "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON" which means stored, packed, and shipped by Amazon. Amazon customer service is available 24/7 for the purchase. This is one of the information statements pertaining to their fulfillment "Amazon also handles all customer service and product returns for "Fulfilled by Amazon" items. If you need assistance with anything, please visit our Help pages by clicking the word "Help" at the top of any page of our website."

As the Pentax list of authorized dealers lists Amazon itself, I am curious as to if they would consider "Fulfilled by Amazon" as the same level of validity, which it would seem to almost be. I just thought I would mention this information which seems quite relevant.

The Amazon "condition" term definition also mentions if the product is noted as "New" it will be unused, in original boxing, and contain an
original manufacturer warranty if it exists. I also noted that "Another Deal Site" was one of the only dealers listing the items I mentioned above as having the "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON" annotation in its listing, and its price did not apply sales tax (I live in NY state). There was another dealer whose listing mentioned "AUTHORIZED DEALER" (supposedly Pentax)
and "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON", so supposedly an authorized dealer is using a similar procedure to process merchandise.

I guess the question is whether or not Pentax/Ricoh considers the specifications of "FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON" as a description of a standard dealer of Pentax products. Actually verifying the item serial no. with Pentax/Ricoh as was stated in an earlier post and making sure unmarked warranty materials were included with the product are wise steps. To be a seller having transactions "fulfilled" by Amazon itself is obviously a positive attribute. I respect Amazon. As was stated earlier also, if Ricoh says if you buy through Amazon and retain receipts your purchase warranty will be valid, then the meaning of "Amazon" would mean the dealers who have actual listings on Amazon would automatically be included, and you would just verify the item serial number with Pentax customer service for reassurance and retain card/warranty materials.

Last edited by C_Jones; 09-28-2015 at 09:16 PM.