Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fotorix Quote
What If i will go for Pentax 16-85 with AF360 FHZII Flash ?

Love the flash, and the lens, most situations you will be ok. There will still be occasions where your flash may not help and a f2.8 lens is what you will need. To be safe for events and such i have to recommend the 2.8 lenses.

09-22-2015, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What about Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX Macro... It is older and I have it for very long time... on par for sure with other lenses you mention but slightly cheaper, unless you are looking for full frame only.

Here are recent some random indoor shoots... 60th B-day party but very, very dark room and I switched flash to fully manual mode for consistency, as well as camera, full manual mode.

09-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
What about Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX Macro... It is older and I have it for very long time... on par for sure with other lenses you mention but slightly cheaper, unless you are looking for full frame only.

Here are recent some random indoor shoots... 60th B-day party but very, very dark room and I switched flash to fully manual mode for consistency, as well as camera, full manual mode.

What a sharp lens! Thanks for sharing! If it is anything similar to the 17-50 i bet it is super rewarding to use.
09-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I've been thinking about the same thing-- have a nice army of primes, but I really want a good mid-range zoom as a bit of an allrounder. Knowing myself, I've decided to only buy lenses that are FF-compatible, so I was looking at either the sigma 24-70 or tamron 28-75. Dunno if anyone in the thread has experience with the tamron, but I've been leaning towards it since it is about half the price of the sigma, smaller, and has an aperture ring, so i can use it with my film SLRs too. But then I kind of want to wait and see what Pentax comes out with, I think there was a FA mid-range zoom slated to be announced soon, and if it has WR it would be really appealing to me, since I'd mostly be using this zoom for skiing, hiking and possibly shooting concerts.

09-22-2015, 11:13 PM   #35
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
I've been thinking about the same thing-- have a nice army of primes, but I really want a good mid-range zoom as a bit of an allrounder. Knowing myself, I've decided to only buy lenses that are FF-compatible, so I was looking at either the sigma 24-70 or tamron 28-75. Dunno if anyone in the thread has experience with the tamron, but I've been leaning towards it since it is about half the price of the sigma, smaller, and has an aperture ring, so i can use it with my film SLRs too. But then I kind of want to wait and see what Pentax comes out with, I think there was a FA mid-range zoom slated to be announced soon, and if it has WR it would be really appealing to me, since I'd mostly be using this zoom for skiing, hiking and possibly shooting concerts.
Any idea about FF sharp zoom lens of Pentax ?