Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

Potential K-3 ii Upgrade

While the entire Pentax Universe is focused on the release of the upcoming FF, I am curious about what the K3 ii replacement will look like. I have a K-3 and have not upgraded to the K-3 ii as I find it a marginal upgrade from the K-3 and the additional features of the K-3 ii I would not really use. Having a decent collection of quality Pentax APSC lenses, I am interested to see what the K-3 ii successor looks like. Now that is a camera that I would be interested in. Any thoughts?

09-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Given the limited resources Pentax has, I would be surprised if we see much APS-c development at least until the FF comes out.
09-25-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian

The WR flip screen might be reasonable to assume, non-FLU WiFi too. One question will be the flash vs. WiFi/GPS bump - I presume the latter has won out, but we'll see. I haven't looked at Sony APSc sensors recently to know if 24Mpx is still their most current stopping point. I'd still like to see Pentax find a use for on-sensor AF points, to supplement PDAF or use for bracketing - or even just for live view or video purposes.
09-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

For starters they need to catch up to their mid-range body by at least incorporating wi-fi. Setting it apart by also offering wired tethering would be nice (the K-3's successor will probably have this feature, since the full frame will likely have it).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-26-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Articulating screen, wifi.
09-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
For starters they need to catch up to their mid-range body by at least incorporating wi-fi. Setting it apart by also offering wired tethering would be nice (the K-3's successor will probably have this feature, since the full frame will likely have it).
I've been patiently waiting for full remote control via wi-fi.... set the camera on a motorized tripod, pan elevate, zoom and all controls
show up on my phone app. wildlife photography without my presence annoying the wildlife.
09-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It will be pretty much identical to the k3ii, except it will come in green and have a Leprechaun mode. Better start saving your gold.

09-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
It will be pretty much identical to the k3ii, except it will come in green and have a Leprechaun mode. Better start saving your gold.
Can't you just go to a maker fest and have someone build the platform? The rest is flucard enabled right?