Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dave2k Quote
I've just re-checked the Eyefi card reviews on the BH site and a number of reviewers have stated that selective transfer is not possible. That seems strange.
I did it today. Perhaps because the Pentax cameras recognize the Eye-Fi and give in body options to select AUTO or SELECT it works. You can transfer folders or individual pictures. You cannot transfer RAW at all.

09-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use an OTG cable and the supplied USB cable with my K-5 II. Works pretty well, although I'd probably find a WiFi card more useful
09-26-2015, 01:11 PM   #18

Anyone know if the Flucard, Toshiba or Eyefi will work K5?

Looking also to upload directly to my phone / facebook.
09-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcsnyc Quote
Looking also to upload directly to my phone / facebook.
Once the eye-fi app has the file you can share it. You can auto synch to some clouds as well.

09-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #20

One posibility to select the pictures transfered is to use two SD-cards. One (fast) card in slot 1 and the eye-fi card in slot 2.

Normally you save the pictures in slot 1. When to want to transfer one picture to your smartphone, you copy this picture from slot 1 to slot 2. There are a lot of functions within the K3 to do this easyly. With these functions you also reduce the resolution or crop it when coping.
09-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by siegbert Quote
One posibility to select the pictures transfered is to use two SD-cards. One (fast) card in slot 1 and the eye-fi card in slot 2.

Normally you save the pictures in slot 1. When to want to transfer one picture to your smartphone, you copy this picture from slot 1 to slot 2. There are a lot of functions within the K3 to do this easyly. With these functions you also reduce the resolution or crop it when coping.
This is not required. I am using two but I also tried with one. Setting the k3 to write to both slots is easy and if desired it will automatically cut the resolution as it is written to the eye-fi card you can use select mode and write whatever you want from there. If you want high resolution then the copy from card to card might make sense.
09-27-2015, 05:34 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I reviewed the Eye-Fi information in the K-3 manual (as many have stated, the manual is your friend!) and I think that card is probably the best solution for me. It's nice that Pentax has built the K-3 to work with the Eye-Fi card and that it allows some capability that is not present with many other cameras. For me it's not worth the increased cost to step-up to the Flu-card for additional capability. Thanks for all the input.

09-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Another option...
http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Wireless-6000mAh-External-Battery/dp/B00L9TEI...ds=eye-fi+mobi

I think. I'm not sure if this supports full size SD cards. The type of device is what is important. There are others like this that do support normal size SD cards.

---------- Post added 09-26-15 at 11:59 AM ----------

This one appears to have the right slot:
Amazon.com: RAVPower SD Card Reader, Wireless Bridge, USB Port, 3000mAh External Battery Pack Travel Charger - FileHub RP-WD01 White: Computers & Accessories
I use wireless Kingston mobile lite. you can use micro SD as well as regular SD card. you can use a USB device.
10-01-2015, 05:05 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mission Accomplished

I went with the EyeFi 8 GB memory card and I think it will be perfect for my needs. It's easy to select and upload pictures directly to my phone. I can choose between uploading all pictures or just those I select. And I'm utilizing the option of uploading reduced size files. The regular JPEGs are about 10-11 MB and the files I upload seem to be about 1.5 MB, which is a reasonable size for my sharing needs. It's nice that Pentax has built-in menus for both the EyeFi and Flu cards. The standalone wi-fi card readers would have worked also, but I like to travel as light as possible.
10-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I went with the EyeFi 8 GB memory card and I think it will be perfect for my needs. It's easy to select and upload pictures directly to my phone. I can choose between uploading all pictures or just those I select. And I'm utilizing the option of uploading reduced size files. The regular JPEGs are about 10-11 MB and the files I upload seem to be about 1.5 MB, which is a reasonable size for my sharing needs. It's nice that Pentax has built-in menus for both the EyeFi and Flu cards. The standalone wi-fi card readers would have worked also, but I like to travel as light as possible.
If you ever need the full size version on the phone you can move a file from the main card to the eye fi without it getting reduced.
10-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If you ever need the full size version on the phone you can move a file from the main card to the eye fi without it getting reduced.
My current set-up is to have the camera write all pictures to both cards, the regular card in slot 1 and the Eyefi card in slot 2. Is there actually a way to manually copy pictures from one card to another? If so, that would be preferred I think.
10-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My current set-up is to have the camera write all pictures to both cards, the regular card in slot 1 and the Eyefi card in slot 2. Is there actually a way to manually copy pictures from one card to another? If so, that would be preferred I think.
Yes, open the playback menu and then press down. One of the options is to move files.

If needed I can grab my camera and give more specific info.
10-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, open the playback menu and then press down. One of the options is to move files.

If needed I can grab my camera and give more specific info.
I found the option and was successful with the copying. This will allow me to go back to just writing all pictures to card 1 and then copying select pictures to card 2 for uploading to my phone. Thanks for the tip!