Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2015, 11:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 buy accessory questions

Hello,
I am thinking of buying a second camera, the k-3 kit that is on Adorama.

The kit comes with an F50mm f1.8.

I already have the M50mm f1.7 and FA50mm f1.7, I think I might want to get rid of one of the auto lenses. Which one will you get rid off and why?

Secondly I am thinking if I should get the flu-card. Have you found it useful?
If you had the opportunity to use pkteathering will you still opt for the flu-card? I have pkteathering but I seldom use it. If it was a wifi system like the k-S2 I think it might be more easier.

Culture

09-27-2015, 11:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
The kit comes with an F50mm f1.8.
A DA 50mm F1.8, actually. If you already have the FA 50mm I would hang on to it and just sell the DA 50mm after you get it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
Secondly I am thinking if I should get the flu-card. Have you found it useful?
For me personally, it's too slow and a bit too much of a hassle. I have a K-S2 and make use of its wi-fi occasionally (it has the same features as the flucard), but it also has a larger range and is quicker to use thanks to the NFC.

Take a look through our flucard review before making your decision:
Pentax FluCard O-FC1 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-27-2015, 11:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A DA 50mm F1.8, actually. If you already have the FA 50mm I would hang on to it and just sell the DA 50mm after you get it.

For me personally, it's too slow and a bit too much of a hassle. I have a K-S2 and make use of its wi-fi occasionally (it has the same features as the flucard), but it also has a larger range and is quicker to use thanks to the NFC.

Take a look through our flucard review before making your decision:
Pentax FluCard O-FC1 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
Thanks Adam. That was straight to the point and I think helps alot with my decision.

Culture.
09-28-2015, 12:06 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

you will get more, i guess, for the DA 50 than for the other two... and from what I've been reading the FA 50 1.7 is a great lens!

the flucard... I use it very seldom... and the reason is that the card it self is not very fast.. that can slow down the whole camera... on the other hand you can control the camera and get a live stream to your handset...
This flucard can be very handy and can open up new possibilities... in the end you have to decide it for yourself. I use it mostly with long telephoto lenses, group shots (when i don't bring my external screen) and for macro work.
I almost never use it to share my work, I shoot .dng and thus I would need to use the camera to process it = i don't like.

Example: had my K-3 + DA* 300 outside on the balcony directed at a feeder and was sitting inside... warm and cozy :-)