Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
That may not be quite right. There was a bundle that included a lens and a flash that if flipped, I thought would leave me with a sub $500 K3. I'd have to go back and check the deal and do the math. Considering they were $1,200-1,300 not so long ago, it definitely gave me pause.

LOL, no problem. $639 is the cheapest I've seen. AMAZING you can buy a pro level body for that little cash.

10-05-2015, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Quote: "Thank you! I feel confident you'll enjoy this camera as much as I am. I truly am blown away by the cropping capabilities. I was out with the 15mm lens yesterday shooting landscape, but threw in a few shots of family and didn't want to change the lens. I just got to editing them and am amazed how close I can get to portrait without loss of detail. I'm a pretty happy camper." End Quote

The detail I have noticed also. I have not looked at them on my computer yet, but yesterday when I took some careful shots and looked at them on my rear LCD the detail and resolution were excellent. It is satisfying coming from using a K-5IIS and getting these great results from the newer model K-3II. I sold a K-5 with an 18-55 AL II lens, kept my K-5IIS, purchased my new K-3II (put it on my Sigma 150-500), and have ordered a Pentax 16-85 lens to use for portrait/landscape. When you said, "I feel confident you'll enjoy this camera as much as I am.", I think you were right.