Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fotorix Quote
How you used O-GPS1 with K-3 ? heard that there are some compatbility issues. You need some adoptors + cable ?
This thread is about the O-GPS1 'Astrotracer Function' and there are certainly no issues with that, using a K-3 (nor are there any issues with geotagging or the electronic compass). I use the O-GPS1 on both my K-5 and my K-3 and find no real difference in performance.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fotorix Quote
I've AF360 FGZ + Pentax K-3 and interested in buying O-GPS1. Can you please tell me how many items like extra adoptor, cable etc want to use Flash + GPS unit at a time ?
This is an entirely different issue. The O-GPS1 was not designed to be used (for geotagging) together with a flash unit. For 'Astrotracer'; Electronic Compass and 'Simple Navigation' (the latter available on the K-5 only) to work, you must have the GPS-unit mounted in a fixed and firm position relative to the lens/sensor and hence the need to use the hot-shoe for that purpose, (or have the unit built into the body as in the later K-3II).

Still, some people seem to have found a way around that problem and I have posted a link in your parallel thread here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/306112...-k-3-work.html

05-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #17

Easy way to use a flash with the o-gps unit on the K3 is to use the x-sync cable, or to do trailing shutter curtain sync wirelessly