Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #16
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't really change all that much when it comes to settings. The main thing is that I prefer to decouple the auto focus from the shutter button and use the AF button at the back for focusing. Took a bit to get used to, but I really like the extra control it gives me. Oh, and I usually leave the camera in Continuous-Hi shooting mode. Not only good for action shooting, but I also find it helps when the shutter speed is slow - the second or third image in a series often has less shake blur than the first one. The downside is that it's quite easy to fire off two or three frames when you mean to shoot just one

Not really giving me any better shots, but it is a setting - and the single feature I love the most on the K-3: The card slots. I normally save raw files to slot 1 and JPEGs to slot 2 for backup. Which means I can change four or five cards in slot 1 for every card I need to change in slot 2. I never transfer the JPEGs to my computer as long as the raw files are OK.

11-18-2015, 11:03 PM   #17
rfg

Not many customisations for me either. Have assigned RAW/Fx button to toggle shake reduction, set the front dial to EV compensation in Av and Tv modes, and set up a couple of the user modes to different high speed AFC conditions. Oh, also set the quick zoom to 100% on image playback.

Other than that, there is a good discussion of settings in the in depth review, especially here Pentax K-3 Review - Recommended Settings | PentaxForums.com Reviews