Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Amoon Quote
I have just tried it doing up to 12 fast previews but everything was fine.
My experience as well. I switched to digital DOF preview and did 30 repetitions in close succession, but with no lock-up.

Steve

11-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Aside from the crashes there's at least one bug that needs fixin':

K-3 II + Manual Lens + Live View + Green Button = ???
That was an interesting thread and one where the resolution was unclear. Did you just simply give up or did Ricoh finally provide you with an answer?

Steve
11-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Amoon Quote

Unfortunately I'm not in the US and as I said, I'm currently doing product photography and I can handle the problem in studio situations.
I'll be reporting of any other occurrence of this problem.
Regards!
Ricoh is a global company you don't need to be in the US to bring it to their attention

International repairs - RICOH IMAGING - European Hub Site

IMO you have a faulty camera.
My k10d Locked maybe twice over 2years
My k20d never Locked (after first week 1 hang)
My K5 started hanging and had its mirror box replaced under warranty (worn out)
My k3 hung a couple of time when new (1st month) but has been error free since (coming up to 2 years)

All cameras were 'clocked' numerous time varying between 20,000 images and 100,000+

Camera in my experience only lock for 'reasons' be it dodgy SD card, misaligned/worn mirror/curtain or external EM interference.
11-05-2015, 12:59 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Owning one K-3, my experience is that it froze when I did a sequence of digital DoF preview faster than the camera can do (I trigger another DoF preview while the cycle of the first one is not finished), then doing this a few time, the K-3 freezes. Other than that, I did not have any freeze until recently when all my SD card were nearly full, with two different SD card speeds in each slot, and I manipulated them to look and free up some space. Then I purchase two new 64Gb SD cards and have no freeze at all. I don't consider having a faulty camera. In my opinion, the K-3 operation is more "nervous" and a bit more sensitive to variation of SD card specs. For information, I have a number of SD card that never produced any error on the K200D and K-5, and one of them randomly failed at boot (boot error) in the second SD slot of my SD. I don't now how tight are the specs (timings?) on the SD card interfaces. PS. I did not have any issue with slow SD cards, I only had issues with one (expensive) 90Mbps cards, which was working fine with all other cameras.

11-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Modern dSLR cameras are a lot of computer with a little camera. Electronics hang, reboot, have odd bugs, etc. It's the nature of the beast. Welcome to the digital age. It can get frustrating.
07-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Well..... I just got my K-3ii 2 months ago and I am having this problem ! Here is what I sent to pentax canada via their "contact us" link :

Hi,
I purchased a K-3ii 2 months ago and have been having some difficulty.

On day 2 of purchase, ( actually, first day of use ), the auto-focus did not work. Turning the camera off-on did not work.

I removed and re-inserted the battery and everything was ok.

About a week after, the screen stayed black. Camera functions "seemed" to be ok but I could see anything on the screen.

About a week later, while setting the camera for continuous shooting, the screen froze with that menu. Could turn off the camera.

One of these scenarios has been happening every 5-10 days.

I did a bit of research and found out that cameras with a serial number below 6206660 needed to be serviced.

My camera has serial number 6298483 which is NOT in that category but seems to have the same problem.

I am often out birding with Canon an Nikon users and this happened 3 times with several of them looking on: this is very embarrassing.

This is my fourth Pentax camera and this is the VERY first time I have had ANY problem like this.

Now, if I send this back for repair, will they just return it saying if works just fine ??? This is not a problem I can reproduce at will.

It has happened in cold weather, hot weather, cool weather, dry weather, humid weather....... does not seem weather dependant.

Help ! ! ! !

What should I do to have this repaired ?

Gary Devouges
07-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Since you got it only 2 months ago, send it in for replacement if you can. I would rather have one with lesser or problems at all. You live in Canada and I'm sure your warranty on purchases from an accredited seller would be okay.

Again, get a new one if you can. At this point in time you may have to argue if you have to.

07-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by devouges Quote
Well..... I just got my K-3ii 2 months ago and I am having this problem ! Here is what I sent to pentax canada via their "contact us" link :
QuoteOriginally posted by devouges Quote
What should I do to have this repaired ?
It looks like you are taking advantage of your available options. I hope Ricoh/Pentax Canada is able to provide you with a satisfactory resolution.

Steve
07-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Well.... mine is gone for repair.... No K3ii for a while !
08-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Got mine back today.... but no note as to what the problem may have been....... I sure hope it will not re-occur !
08-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #26
Pentaxian

I did the firmware update and put in a 95mbs card. I sure hope it does not happen again.