Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-11-2018, 05:55 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Balazs087 Quote
Hi Larry,

I'm not really talking about the the testing method, because after a few hours spent on practising and watching youtube videos i'm pretty precisly can calibrate the AF myself. The only thing that my Tamron 70-200 needs -7 on 70mm and +3 on 200mm. So withouth this option available AF adjustment is useless on this lense. This function would be extremely useful at least in the K-1.
I feel your pain, my Tamron 70-200 has the same problem so I use it mostly close to 200 mm and only when I need the low light capability of the wider apertures. Mine is AF fine tuned for the long end of the focal length. I have other lens that work better for shorter focal lengths but have to be used at higher ISO values. I suppose you could send the lens to aTamron service facility and let them correct the problem if it can be corrected.

BTW, you do know that Live View AF is a problem with the Tamron also?

Last edited by Larrymc; 08-11-2018 at 05:58 AM. Reason: more info
09-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #17

I've sent in for repair and they could fix it fortunately. Guy in the service told me it still won't be perfect and it's limited what they can do, i wasn't expecting much, but turned out it's now much much better, sharp on every focal length. What a releif. Live View is not working indeed, but that something I can live with.
09-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Balazs087 Quote
I've sent in for repair and they could fix it fortunately. Guy in the service told me it still won't be perfect and it's limited what they can do, i wasn't expecting much, but turned out it's now much much better, sharp on every focal length. What a releif. Live View is not working indeed, but that something I can live with.
Sounds great, congrats!