Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #1
Site Supporter

multiple exposure help

I'm trying to have a subject multiple times in one picture.

Can I achieve this in camera? I've tried, additive, average and bright and the images are blurred. I've also tried multi -exposure and interval composite. What am I missing?

Using a K3

I can do it old school with layers and masks....but was hoping for a quicker resolution.

11-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
In what manner are they blurred? Are you trying to take multiple exposures of the same scene and if so are you using a tripod? Are you trying to overlay to completely different images and if so are you using a slow shutter speed?

Reading your information again I see you indicated the same subject multiple times in a scene. Using average the captures where the subject has moved will be averaged with the one where they were there. Using additive will give a similar result but the exposure will increase with each capture. Bright mode would work but only if the subject were lit much brighter than the threshold point for example against a black background. So the simple answer is what your trying to do won't work. The camera does global processing and does not concern itself with what has or has not moved it mearly applies an algorithm to add the exposures together.
11-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
More blurred from a transparent aspect.

Sounds good...looks like multiple exposures it is and I'll paint them through using layers,
11-02-2015, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One thing is that if you use Live View when doing a multiple exposure you will se outlines from the image before in the LCD making it easier to layer the next shot.

11-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
One thing is that if you use Live View when doing a multiple exposure you will se outlines from the image before in the LCD making it easier to layer the next shot.
Really?! I did not know this and it sounds pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

Steve
11-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Will the shot be somewhat transparent?

The attached is what I was after..... but couldn't do it in camera.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
11-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I love doing these composite images. That one is quite effective, & has interesting overlaps.

With multiple exposure, you're building up the exposure of the final (single) frame in camera. It's a different look, with a "ghostly look", unless using cleverly deployed gobos. Here are some of my multiple exposures.

Multiple exposures in-camera, have been available since the *istD, which had a button for the purpose: bliss!