Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Turn Flucard off?

Is there a way to turn off the Flucard in the K-3/3II? I see the menu, but it's grayed out. I have to go to the option for writing to cards, make a selection so that it is only writing to the non-Flucard, and then go back and there are options for the Flucard available. What I wanna do is just turn the wifi off and keep using the Flucard for storage, i.e. have it active for RAW+JPEG storage. I musta missed something....

11-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can switch card slots? The wifi only works in one of the slots, the other slot it works as a normal card. Is that what you mean? You can put flu card in either slot, it just only uses wi-fi in one of them
11-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Flucard only works in one of the slots (can't remember which). I was writing RAW to one card, JPEG to the Flucard. But I want to turn the wifi on the card off, and I cannot do that without turning off writing JPEG to the Flucard.
11-04-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
The Flucard only works in one of the slots (can't remember which). I was writing RAW to one card, JPEG to the Flucard. But I want to turn the wifi on the card off, and I cannot do that without turning off writing JPEG to the Flucard.
Grabbed my camera to make sure, so flu card wi fi option only works in slot 2, and the jpg only writes to slot 2. Could you move flu card to slot 1 where it doesn't work as the flu card and only works as a normal card, and then use another card in slot 2?

11-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
Grabbed my camera to make sure, so flu card wi fi option only works in slot 2, and the jpg only writes to slot 2. Could you move flu card to slot 1 where it doesn't work as the flu card and only works as a normal card, and then use another card in slot 2?
I could, but the whole point is that I want to leave the card where it works and turn it on and off with the minimum amount of fuss.
11-05-2015, 03:56 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
Is there a way to turn off the Flucard in the K-3/3II? I see the menu, but it's grayed out
it's in the menu, maybe it's grayed out because your phone/tablet is connecting to the flu-card.
11-05-2015, 05:10 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter

Flu card turnoff reply

Hi, I found the on/off for flu card in the menu would only change from greyed out to active if in the menu I go to the memory card options and do a change there, that this will change the flu card setting from greyed out to active and the card can be turned to off.
When using the flu card I have card 1 set on raw and card 2 on jpeg. By reverting to another setting such as solely to card 1 (raw) this enables one to access the flu card on/off setting.
11-05-2015, 08:39 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Donald Laing Quote
Hi, I found the on/off for flu card in the menu would only change from greyed out to active if in the menu I go to the memory card options and do a change there, that this will change the flu card setting from greyed out to active and the card can be turned to off.
When using the flu card I have card 1 set on raw and card 2 on jpeg. By reverting to another setting such as solely to card 1 (raw) this enables one to access the flu card on/off setting.
Yep, that's what I was trying to describe in the OP. It doesn't matter whether any device is connected to the Flucard's wifi network.