Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2015, 08:53 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Forum Member

K3 from Amazon Warehouse Deals

Hey all,

So bought and received my K3 that I reluctantly purchased from Amazon "used" under Warehouse Deals.

Was indecisive between the K3 and the K3 II, mainly as I did not know if I would actually use Pixel Shift rather than bracketing or combining multiple shots, and the utility of the Flash vs GPS. When the Warehouse deal came up for in the $500's, even with tax, minus the 5% cash back with Amazon card, bit the bullet.

Camera came yesterday to the office, and picked it up today.

Was very well packaged as Amazon usually does, and wrap over the Pentax box to make it stick to the bottom of the case so the box does not fly around while in transit.

What I received was the body only, in a box from a K3 w/ 18-135 Lens kit.

Everything seemed brand new, unopened, with only the Lens missing. Was quite pleased.

Came home, snapped a few pictures, uploaded to the utility here to check Shutter Count.... took two test photos, and the second photo had a shutter count of 3, meaning it only had 1 shutter activation, and a build date of 4-7-2015. So seems like close to last of the production line for an older model. =)

Snapped a few pictures at home with horrible lighting, will take outside pictures tomorrow. With the Prime 50mm 1.8, will have fun snapping up pictures of our newborn.

Will likely be quite happy with the K3, especially since upgrading from the K100D which served me well for the last 8 years or so. Will pick up the FF next when I feel the K3 holds me back, and use the K3 as backup.

Really awesome that the few lenses I picked up for the K100D work for the K3. Something to be said for that as you cannot do that easily with Cannon or Nikon. Looking forward to going to my local camera shop and pick up some Pentax lenses for $10 and $20. hehe.

So... moral of the story, if you see a "used" Pentax K3 or K3ii on Amazon warehouse deals, don't be afraid to give it a shot. Worse case, can always return it.

11-21-2015, 11:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Maksim Quote
Hey all,

So bought and received my K3 that I reluctantly purchased from Amazon "used" under Warehouse Deals.

Was indecisive between the K3 and the K3 II, mainly as I did not know if I would actually use Pixel Shift rather than bracketing or combining multiple shots, and the utility of the Flash vs GPS. When the Warehouse deal came up for in the $500's, even with tax, minus the 5% cash back with Amazon card, bit the bullet.

Camera came yesterday to the office, and picked it up today.

Was very well packaged as Amazon usually does, and wrap over the Pentax box to make it stick to the bottom of the case so the box does not fly around while in transit.

What I received was the body only, in a box from a K3 w/ 18-135 Lens kit.

Everything seemed brand new, unopened, with only the Lens missing. Was quite pleased.

Came home, snapped a few pictures, uploaded to the utility here to check Shutter Count.... took two test photos, and the second photo had a shutter count of 3, meaning it only had 1 shutter activation, and a build date of 4-7-2015. So seems like close to last of the production line for an older model. =)

Snapped a few pictures at home with horrible lighting, will take outside pictures tomorrow. With the Prime 50mm 1.8, will have fun snapping up pictures of our newborn.

Will likely be quite happy with the K3, especially since upgrading from the K100D which served me well for the last 8 years or so. Will pick up the FF next when I feel the K3 holds me back, and use the K3 as backup.

Really awesome that the few lenses I picked up for the K100D work for the K3. Something to be said for that as you cannot do that easily with Cannon or Nikon. Looking forward to going to my local camera shop and pick up some Pentax lenses for $10 and $20. hehe.

So... moral of the story, if you see a "used" Pentax K3 or K3ii on Amazon warehouse deals, don't be afraid to give it a shot. Worse case, can always return it.
Congratulations on getting such an awesome camera (next to new) for a great price. I have seen photos of both the K3 and K3ii and they appear to be quality builds. Good luck and looking forward to viewing some awesome flicks.

Tonytee
11-22-2015, 08:08 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations on your K3! You will be amazed at it's capabilities!
11-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Woohooo.

Saw Amazon was doing 15% off warehouse deals, thanks to the poster here on PF in the price watch section.

Did an online chat with the Amazon rep.... they price matched and gave me the 15% off. So got another $81.55 off. Net with taxes.... "New" K3 with 1 shutter activation for under $500.