Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2015, 01:12 AM   #16
Site Supporter

I read a blog or review by a wedding photographer who bought a 645Z I believe. Who was blown away by it & prefers it to traditional FF cameras common in the wedding industry.

11-26-2015, 04:22 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I certainly wouldn't expect folks who are invested in a brand to start switching in droves, but certainly folks that have used pentax have a soft place in their heart for it and I would expect when the K-1 finally comes out, there maybe a return of some of the denizens who have left the fold in the past.
11-26-2015, 11:10 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When I had my K200D and doing photography with my work colleague who was a Canon veteran, he made the same comment about the photos from the Pentax (=contrast and well defined colors of the K200D CCD), at the time he carried 2 or 3 cameras (5DII, 7D and 100D) sometimes going on expeditions for one month. But once his raws went through his photoshop post processing, the 5DII clearly out-shined the K200D. Also, back in 2006, Canon already had the 100-400L. It took 10 years to Pentax (Ricoh) to come up with an equivalent lens (DFA150-450).
11-29-2015, 10:53 AM   #19

I also have been strictly a Canon user, all the way back to the 10D. I currently use an SL1 and a 6D.

THEN...I got wondering. All the "fan-boy" reports of my camera is better than your camera, EVEN though they have NEVER owned or even shot with any other brand..! I decided to find out what "I" like best. While it's taken a while to collect them, and all of the cameras are not in the quite in same league, they are still very representative of the brands.

In order of my preference -
1. Canon (SL1 & 6D)
2. Pentax (K3)
3. Sony (A77 II)
4. Nikon (D5200)

Actually...the top three are fairly close. Only the Nikon stay's in the garage without a case...most of the time.
Each camera has it's points, good, not a deal breaker and not so good This includes the available lenses for each brand. I spent a good amount of money on two Nikon lenses...still not happy. And it's more than "just" the Nikon lens.

Mike