Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #121
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have a lot info, but can't share But as i've said many times; future is bright
It boggles my mind, from my limited PoV, as to why you would switch from Nikon, having access to quality FF bodies and lenses.. to move to Pentax. The future for the Pentax product line must seem rather bright indeed. I just hope what they've said to you about their plans versus what they do in reality are not too different.

Last edited by mee; 01-09-2016 at 05:41 PM.
01-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #122
Site Supporter

I have a lot info, but can't share But as i've said many times; future is bright
That is the post that everyone on this forum shall like :-)
01-09-2016, 07:11 PM   #123
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Woohoo!!
01-10-2016, 04:28 AM   #124
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
It boggles my mind, from my limited PoV, as to why you would switch from Nikon, having access to quality FF bodies and lenses.. to move to Pentax. The future for the Pentax product line must seem rather bright indeed. I just hope what they've said to you about their plans versus what they do in reality are not too different.
Some people get paid by brands as a mean of getting the marketing message down to the folks who are supposed to buy something. For instance, Gary Fong is paid by Sony for presenting himself as a pro photographer and promoting Sony via workshops, videos etc. Tony Northrup will never ever mention Pentax when mentioning about the good of IBIS etc. There's a lot of bias out there, either because a guy is fully inverted into a mount, or because he is being paid to promote a camera or a brand of camera. Some pro photogs today make more money from advertising gear compared to actual photography. As a customer, don't listen to this guy or this guy, evaluate the specifications yourself, if possible try the gear before you buy. In terms of "content marketing", I find that B&H does a good job with videos , since the content is usually interesting, useful and not brand biased.

01-10-2016, 04:40 AM   #125
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Tony Northrup will never ever mention Pentax when mentioning about the good of IBIS etc.
Tony seemed to rather like the K-S2. He did a whole video on it.
01-10-2016, 04:41 AM   #126
Pentaxian

Sounds reasonable; but Kenspo is not Gary Fong He's not paid to promote Pentax - I understand he's getting equipment and that's about it - he's gaining his money as a working professional photographer.
His enthusiasm about the future of Pentax aside, Pentax must deliver him suitable tools - or he's losing customers.

OTOH, if what you're selling are "educational" videos instead of images...
01-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #127
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
(...)
Mere speculation that has been heard before, apparently Ricoh at one point was considering acquiring RED... or something along those lines... I don't have any actual info though, perhaps Kenspo does!

You are the one who started the Ricoh / Red rumor IIRC :
Ricoh is after buying RED..might be a connection here. But i can't confirm, cause no one wants to talk about this bit. So this info is from others..
01-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #128
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
You are the one who started the Ricoh / Red rumor IIRC :
I know. Dont have to tell me what i say/write. I think i remember A combination of people complaining, i won't be the first to break rumours anymore, and cause i won't risk anything regards Ricoh anymore, is the reason why i hardly post info anymore

01-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #129
Pentaxian

According to Asahiman a product manager got fired because of the K-1 at Photoplus, so that maybe a wise choice.
01-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #130
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
According to Asahiman a product manager got fired because of the K-1 at Photoplus, so that maybe a wise choice.
I wondered if that would happen...
01-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #131
Pentaxian

Makes no sense - why would they even have the camera there if not for showing, and why did it then appear again in France a week or so later?
01-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #132
Site Supporter

That would be the most professional move by Pentax lately. Showing of the K1 was not intentional.
01-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #133
Site Supporter

they just happened to have an extra pedestal the right size, and a plexiglass case the right size, and a pre-production ff... with no intention of using them, right?
01-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #134
Site Supporter

Sounds really exotic !
If someone had to be fired, one would think of the people organising that shipment to US
Or is that the reason for the late delay ?
Firing + finding a new product manager whilst the teams are finallising the K-1 and solving the beta test tricks would have been totally foolish !

Last edited by Zygonyx; 01-10-2016 at 12:16 PM.
01-10-2016, 11:49 AM   #135
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know. Dont have to tell me what i say/write. I think i remember A combination of people complaining, i won't be the first to break rumours anymore, and cause i won't risk anything regards Ricoh anymore, is the reason why i hardly post info anymore
Oh well, but I guess you've got to do what you've got to do...
Thanks for everything Kenspo!