Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2015, 12:40 AM   #61

Ed from Photo Universe has the problem of not beeing able to talk to the deaf and daft. I also bought into the Pentax System and a lot of my decision was based on those quirky but fantastic reviews by Ed from Photo Universe. I still shoot Canon for weddings and newspaper work. Iīm not stupid. Pentax is bad at beeing fast, but when it comes to dynamic range....thatīs where Pentax shines, in all my landscape photos.
Ed from Photo Universe is a great advocate for Pentax.... and for Canon.... by the way..... and Fuji.....and Nikon....oh heck ... Photography in general

12-14-2015, 12:45 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
Dan needs to find something to occupy his time with other than starting fights with everyone he doesn't like. It's not constructive criticism if you think it's just garbage no matter how many smiley faces you use... He doesn't need salt, he needs to go hang with the people whose videos he likes.
Starting a fight? Please, you can't handle a fight with me, trust me on that (and I'm not talking about physical fights here). I thought you will learn to listen also the criticism, but clearly this is not the case.

I do watch a lot of videos because I try to learn as much as I can. I learned something today, that you're just not interested in people's opinions. If someone "criticizes" your videos you need to listen. In Romania we call it feedback. And feedback is important for professionals in order to improve their videos, their work.
From the two of us, you are the only one which took it personally, and that's kind of disappointing.

Ahhh, I see Dan has invited his friends from Romania to join in the TROLLING. OK, now it is TROLLING. Sorry guys I'm done. Say whatever you like, you won't get a response from me.
I invited friends to join the trolling??? Man, I thought that you took this conversation with a grain of salt, but you are starting to be paranoid.

That's being said, I wish you all the celebrity that those guys from Digital Review have it and you desire for.

Last edited by Dan Rentea; 12-14-2015 at 12:55 AM.
12-14-2015, 12:51 AM - 1 Like   #63

Come on guys, we're leaving in 2015! Internet has been here for a while now and people should really begin to understand which content to use for their decisions. If I would take Ed's videos as a basis for a decision which brand to buy or leave it would be me who's got the problem and not Ed. This has absolutely nothing to do with the question if I like the videos or not! Nowadays you have to have that competence or internet is in general dangerous to You. Please provide a more serious youtube-channel yourself if You think that Ed's videos might be "dangerous"! And please stop getting personal, share Your dislikes with personal messages. Your personal disputes are not of any interest to the public.
12-14-2015, 01:16 AM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
Come on guys, we're leaving in 2015! Internet has been here for a while now and people should really begin to understand which content to use for their decisions. If I would take Ed's videos as a basis for a decision which brand to buy or leave it would be me who's got the problem and not Ed. This has absolutely nothing to do with the question if I like the videos or not! Nowadays you have to have that competence or internet is in general dangerous to You. Please provide a more serious youtube-channel yourself if You think that Ed's videos might be "dangerous"! And please stop getting personal, share Your dislikes with personal messages. Your personal disputes are not of any interest to the public.
Sorry, you are right Rullrich. From someone not involved in this discussion it does seem that this is a personal fight (for Ed it is, because he uploaded another "selfie" on his Youtube channel) I do apologize for this and I will put an end to this "debate".

Last edited by Dan Rentea; 12-14-2015 at 02:40 AM.
12-14-2015, 03:01 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D3xmeister Quote
Kunzite should't have a problem with what I said about him, I was just following his advice above and it's just the truth anyway.
For the record, what I did on Softpedia was to try building a community of Pentaxians, organize annual meetings, offer advises when I have some and generally try getting Pentax accepted (always besides other systems, never as "the one and only") in a Pentax-hostile environment. To figure out the atmosphere in that forum, note how a certain someone registered here for no other reason than to attack me.
As for myself, I'm not doing worse there than here The mods are after all Nikonians, I would have been banned otherwise.

As for Edward's videos, I honestly believe they suffer from:
- being chaotic, i.e. jumping from one idea to another, repeatedly; this makes the videos hard to watch and longer than necessary
- being inconsistent, and Dan had a good example with two opposite claims being made. Note that I'm not saying he should post one way or another.
I think he can improve them a lot by accepting this criticism, but it's clear that's not going to happen.
What happened instead - Ed made a new video titled "Forum trolls". That tells a lot.

So it's pointless, so I'll follow Dan's example and get out of this pointless "discussion".
12-14-2015, 03:45 AM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
For the record, what I did on Softpedia was to try building a community of Pentaxians, organize annual meetings, offer advises when I have some and generally try getting Pentax accepted (always besides other systems, never as "the one and only") in a Pentax-hostile environment. To figure out the atmosphere in that forum, note how a certain someone registered here for no other reason than to attack me.
As for myself, I'm not doing worse there than here The mods are after all Nikonians, I would have been banned otherwise.

As for Edward's videos, I honestly believe they suffer from:
- being chaotic, i.e. jumping from one idea to another, repeatedly; this makes the videos hard to watch and longer than necessary
- being inconsistent, and Dan had a good example with two opposite claims being made. Note that I'm not saying he should post one way or another.
I think he can improve them a lot by accepting this criticism, but it's clear that's not going to happen.
What happened instead - Ed made a new video titled "Forum trolls". That tells a lot.

So it's pointless, so I'll follow Dan's example and get out of this pointless "discussion".
Only that Eds Video weren't the subject of that thread. It was made pointless by somebody else.
12-14-2015, 03:58 AM   #67
Pentaxian

I think the subject was cheese. It always is about cheese
12-14-2015, 04:17 AM   #68

All the smiley faces in the world aint gonna save you this time.

I bought the Canon system, paid the same amount of money as the Pentax system (without the fire sale prices going on now in the USA right now) and YES, it is a more professionally reliable system. The image quality isn't as good in my opinion. I will have to employ a lot more diligence with the Pentax system to utilize it professionally. I DON'T TRUST IT AS MUCH AS A NIKON OR CANON SYSTEM FOR RELIABILITY. BUT, I am going to make it work, because I don't like the compromises I have to make to get the Canikon level of reliability.

If you don't like the videos, stop watching them, instead of baiting people into arguments. Or insulting people. Or is that just a Romanian thing? Or just your personality?

Qwntm, I'm a pentaxian for so many years now that I actually can't remember since when. I'm so happy with this system, as it is, good or bad, I've learned to manage it and myself, so I really don't give a s...t on your discussions about systems,
but I'm also Romanian, and I really mean it I'm waiting here public apologies for your stupid joke (if was a joke), for all Romanians who are on this forum and not only!

12-14-2015, 04:57 AM - 2 Likes   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by sorins Quote
Qwntm, I'm a pentaxian for so many years now that I actually can't remember since when. I'm so happy with this system, as it is, good or bad, I've learned to manage it and myself, so I really don't give a s...t on your discussions about systems,
but I'm also Romanian, and I really mean it I'm waiting here public apologies for your stupid joke (if was a joke), for all Romanians who are on this forum and not only!

Well I see the "Dan Brigade" is out in full force judging from all the "new members" adding to this thread, that Dan has recruited to criticize Ed's videos and Ed personally. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIS DAMN VIDEOS DON'T WATCH THEM.........ITS THAT EASY TO NOT BE OFFENDED BY THEM. Just my two cents. Oh and BTW, he owes no one an apology.

Larrymc

Last edited by Larrymc; 12-14-2015 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Addition
12-14-2015, 05:33 AM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Well I see the "Dan Brigade" is out in full force judging from all the "new members" adding to this thread, that Dan has recruited to criticize Ed's videos and Ed personally. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIS DAMN VIDEOS DON'T WATCH THEM.........ITS THAT EASY TO NOT BE OFFENDED BY THEM. Just my two cents. Oh and BTW, he owes no one an apology.

Larrymc
I didn't talk to any of my friends to back me up on this. It's just a discussion on a forum, nothing else. It's not like I'm a professional photographer and I'm fighting Ed for clients/subscribers. I can take care of myself.

I don't have to involve people I know in this discussion. What you see is probably the reaction from people who saw the conversation and the last 2 movies done by Ed. I don't even know who Sorins is.

And Rullrich, in the last words of Ed from his first comment he mention about his future videos. To those videos I offered him feedback. If I knew that his reaction will be like that... I would not even attempt in starting a discussion with him because he looks like he's too emotionally involved.

All this is starting to be ridiculous... So, if there is an Admin around, please put and end to this discussion because people start to warm up too quickly. If I've broken the forum rules with all I wrote, than I will accept the consequences. This discussion is not constructive anymore if people start to get rude and accusations take over...

Last edited by Dan Rentea; 12-14-2015 at 05:48 AM.
12-14-2015, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #71
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote

All this is starting to be ridiculous... So, if there is an Admin around, please put and end to this discussion because people start to warm up too quickly.
We prefer to give people a chance to exercise some self control and self discipline before we step in on a schoolyard fight.
Let's just see how it goes from here.
12-14-2015, 06:05 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Saw the video yesterday and then now today from Photouniverse.

1. I think Ed should know how to take criticism. + Really paying attention to trolls (If you choose to accept criticism as Trolls)?

2. Critics should add value rather just bashing Ed. I will not names here. What is that? Get a life / Get a job. Its someone doing something about the Pentax community. Its out community. Its a hardcore cult community. There are few of us.

3. Seriously Ed you are way too grown up for this!

4. I do believe in free speech. But please don't generalize entire country. My best friend is a Romanian. It is uncalled for. It is childish.

Thats all I can say.
12-14-2015, 06:16 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote

Larrymc
Larry, man, you're just pathetic and I don't even feel sorry for you. Read my post again, it has nothing to do with Ed's videos. I'm not recruited and actually, not that "new" on the forum, I'm indeed offended, as you also should be if I would tell you such things, but just about 200 yrs of national conscience is too little for you to understand this.
This is not a photo thread anymore and I'm not here to teach you common sense, I'll stop replying!
12-14-2015, 06:17 AM - 2 Likes   #74
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote

4. I do believe in free speech. But please don't generalize entire country. My best friend is a Romanian. It is uncalled for. It is childish.

Thats all I can say.
Before this goes any farther, lets clarify this "free speech". It doesn't apply here. This forum is private property and we are all guests here. Adam grants us permission to express ideas provided it's done within the rules that WE ALL AGREED TO when we joined.
Three posts above I left a message that we like to give people a chance to post appropriately, yet the very next post, and the one after it, were stirring the pot. So much for giving people a chance to behave on their own volition.

Sigh........

closed

Last edited by Parallax; 12-14-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Closed Thread