Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #16
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
I've always wondered about camera bodies, and why manufacturers don't discount them more in order to get more lenses sold. I wonder what the relative profit is. OTOH, I suspect tons of people never get an interchangeable lens for an ILC camera. I wonder what that number is as well. You'd think they'd at least try to sell bigger bundles, like a three prime package, or a birders' kit, etc.
Most people buy a rebel or a D3300/5500 with a kit lens and that's their new fancy point and shoot!

12-18-2015, 09:11 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
To be one of the best even though not the best is a great achievement. I have a K-3II and I'm glad I bought it.
12-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Canon Birders Kit:
1DX and 800 f5.6 Only $17000!

As I told my wife last winter after walking the dogs - there was tens of thousands of dollars worth of camera gear on the footbridge.

A rare duck (Barrow's Goldeneye) was in the flock of Common Goldeneye. I reviewed my shots from the day before and yup, there he was. I had some good shots with the 55-300. Sure, not as good as the Canon megagear but still, I was quite happy. I did make contact with one of the guys via Flickr, and he gets some amazing shots - he spends a lot of time out there getting images, and it shows.

My first images with the K3II are notably better at the 200-300mm range using the 55-300 than with my K5. I suspect the K5 has some issues, and I may have it serviced.