Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-14-2016, 05:17 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
searching for hard ( leather ) case for K3

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Well,

It title I said it all.. I'm looking for something like this , this one is Canon

Leather Camera Case Bag for Canon EOS 6d 7D Digital SLR | eBay

I want my camera to be bottom protected, when I put it on tables or floor, or elsewhere, because it has black paint on metal, and I don't want to scretch it, or somehow accidentaly broke it.

The camera is pretty heavy, and I feel it would be good, to have some protect , maybe even only on the bottom. I tend to use plastic plate for tripods, atacched in hole. This way, camera is in "air" and don't touched by floor.

But, yet again, this plate is small, and with bigger lens, camera tends to fell down on lens,
it doesn't stay on that plate, if the lens is to heavy.

I would also like to have easy battery flip out door, without having to pull the case off the camera, every time I need to replace the battery.

Any sugestions on this ?

Last edited by panonski; 01-14-2016 at 08:42 AM.
01-14-2016, 05:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved to proper forum area. This is not Pentax News or Rumors.
01-14-2016, 06:00 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
yes, thank you
01-14-2016, 06:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
Well,

It title I said it all.. I'm looking for something like this , this one is Canon

I want my camera to be bottom protected, when I put it on tables or floor, or elsewhere, because it has black paint on metal, and I don't want to scretch it, or somehow accidentaly broke it.

The camera is pretty heavy, and I feel it would be good, to have some protect , maybe even only on the bottom. I tend to use plastic plate for tripods, atacched in hole. This way, camera is in "air" and don't touched by floor.

But, yet again, this plate is small, and with bigger lens, camera tends to fell down on lens,

I would also like to have easy battery flip out door, without having to pull the case off the camera, every time I need to replace the battery.

Any sugestions on this ?

I have this for my K-30, my kids call it my cowboy case. Fit is OK if not great, slightly sloppy. Neck strap hardware has large slots so could slip off before I bent them closed with pliers. The body cover is held on by a pretty big "brass" thumbscrew which does not integrate well with a tripod plate or "Joby" plate. In short I would say the idea was better than the reality.

01-14-2016, 08:49 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I searched over e bay, and found nothing...
01-14-2016, 09:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

You could make your own.
Probably the easiest way to do it.
01-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
You could make your own.
Probably the easiest way to do it.

yes, I think of that too,

only need for bottom anyway

01-14-2016, 09:22 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Same store:
Leather Camera Case Bag for Pentax K30 K 5 II K5II K5IIS 18 55mm 18 135mm Lens | eBay

The K-3 is hardly any bigger than the K-5
01-14-2016, 09:29 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Nice find!

For the OP's request for the battery compartment access; perhaps he could cut out a portion of the case for access.
01-15-2016, 02:27 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I found this compare sizes.

If for K30 is slightly sloppy , then it can be alright for K3, with 4.5 mm extra in grip, and 1 mm extra in bottom
Attached Images

01-15-2016, 03:35 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
how about contact a leather worker and have a unique hand made case made
01-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Why would you want to have a water-resistant camera & lens in a non-WR leather case ?
01-15-2016, 02:10 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I would stay away from cheap 'leather' cases on eBay.

The polyurethane (PU) leather they usually use is often very poor quality, doesn't wear well, and deteriorates with even the slightest exposure to water.
01-16-2016, 12:52 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

TP and Kaza

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I would stay away from cheap 'leather' cases on eBay.

The polyurethane (PU) leather they usually use is often very poor quality, doesn't wear well, and deteriorates with even the slightest exposure to water.
and the sun, I purchased one for MX-1 , it stinks!
then I ordered a proper real leather , smells real and looks very smart
Genuine Real Leather Half Camera Case Bag Cover for Pentax MX 1 MX1 Bottom Open | eBay
jasoncui2 | eBay
Leather Half Case - Kaza
contact them and ask for Pentax cases and let us know please.
My case on MX-1, scroll page 1 down + top page 2
hhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/itrax/albums/72157633360669925

Last edited by i_trax; 01-16-2016 at 09:51 PM.
01-16-2016, 08:46 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
Well,

Any sugestions on this ?

Is this still 1975? Where are my white shorts with the red trim and three-ringed tube socks? Yuck!

Last edited by tabl10s; 01-16-2016 at 08:52 PM.