Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #1

K-3 shutter sticks and won't release until the battery is out

I shot a landscape yesterday and the shutter stuck open and the camera froze up. No buttons would work except shutting it off did kill the screens. It did not however release the shutter till I pulled the battery. Today I was experimenting with the flash and the same thing happed so it looks like it's not a one off.

The camera is 4 months old and 4500 clicks. I have a bad feeling about this, what do I do?

01-15-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
My K-50 did that, and it needed to have the aperture assembly replaced. Still under warranty I'm hoping? I had about 3 weeks turnaround with Precision, so not horrible.

Good luck!
01-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
4 months old = still under warranty? Send it in.
01-15-2016, 11:41 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yes I bought it from an ebay seller in Canada new and it was delivered on October 9th. I'll have to figure out where to send it I guess. So much for reliability... Thanks!

Last edited by charchri4; 01-15-2016 at 11:56 PM.
01-16-2016, 02:08 AM   #5
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by charchri4 Quote
Yes I bought it from an ebay seller in Canada new and it was delivered on October 9th. I'll have to figure out where to send it I guess. So much for reliability... Thanks!
If it was prodigital2000, they'll take care of you. They have good customer service. Disappointing, but at least you're under warranty. I was one month away from the end of my warranty when the K-50 went kaput, so good timing on my end.
01-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #6

Original Poster
It's and outfit called quickndone and one of the few things I got right was to be sure they are a ligit Pentax dealer. They responded today (Sunday) and said 4 to 6 weeks and they will send me a shipping label tomorrow.

The only thing that kind of bugs me is they want me to send it to them and they will then forward it on the Pentax. Seems kind of weird to do it that way when I could just send it straight to Pentax. Does that raise any red flags you think?
01-17-2016, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #7
Closed Account

I wouldn't worry, as the warranty is for the original owner (them as a certified third party) and that's the only way they can offer the warranty to their buyers. They've been on eBay for a while, and have great feedback. I would feel good with it. For pice of mind, ship it to them with tracking, and keep track of your correspondence with them.

01-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thank you! Now to just figure out how to survive with out it that long!