Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #91
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're also saying it'd be nicer if pentax made the lenses you want, that only fuji has... because then it is one system. Am I right?

01-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
You're also saying it'd be nicer if pentax made the lenses you want, that only fuji has... because then it is one system. Am I right?

Well that would be nice...

But now that I have realized I got both the Pentax AND Fuji systems for the price of one Nikon system, it's not as important. If I get the primes I want and the whole package is 30% lighter than Pentax and 50% lighter than Nikon FF and I would have spent as much on a Nikon FF system alone, I get way more capability than just having a Nikon FF.

Seriously, though, yea, I'd rather shoot the K-3II.
01-28-2016, 06:26 AM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
So totals: Dollars saved with Pentax: $3815.00 and weight savings about 750g

I agree the weight savings is not that great, though 750g is a bit.

But as for spending money wisely, $3815.00 difference speaks for itself. Again, there might not be that big a savings in Bucharest, and then I can see where you would think otherwise.

Essentially because I shoot Pentax instead of Nikon I can have a free Fuji system too.

(The Fuji system is half the weight of the Pentax system, and comparably priced to the Pentax system, so Nikon is real big loser there.)
I did the math using B&H prices and knowing that you invested 4900$ in Fuji system (a few comments earlier you said that). This is the reason I said you actually spent a little more money ending up shooting with 2 systems while you could of use just one system with the money you spent for Pentax and Fuji (4900$ + the money you spent on Pentax it's a little more expensive than Nikon systems).

From your point of view you saved a lot of money staying with Pentax (which obviously is true) but you bought another system to use it side by side with Pentax gear. Preferences regarding the system are a total difference matter and like I said, I agree with you on some points, especially on the one about the weight, wich it's important if you're shooting for 8-12 hours.

If this combo will be good enough for your kind of shooting and 2 systems does not (in time) will become more expensive than one system, then your reasons to go with Fuji and Pentax can be good for a various reasons.

L.E. I'm also trying to decide between Fuji X-E2 / Fuji X-T10 or Pentax K-S 2 for vacations, for compactness and weight. They cost the same here in Romania. I will just wait for CP+ to see what news about camera and lenses will come and then I will take a closer look on these cameras.

Last edited by Dan Rentea; 01-28-2016 at 06:56 AM.