Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2016, 04:30 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, thanks. Just wanted to get something reliable, and faster than what I had, so I can get this camera tested. So far I really like! I had reformatted the old cards on my computer, then again in the K3, and haven't had another issue! Have shot over 300 new images! Not to worried about the camera at this point. I'll keep you posted about the new cards. I have noticed one thing though I need to turn down the metering -1 to -2 ticks to get a proper exposure.

01-27-2016, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Hoggy Quote
OH... When you receive the cards, you may want to put them through the wringer with something like this:
Flash Memory Toolkit website

If anyone knows of any freeware/open-source options, I'd love to hear about them though.
Anyone?
I use H2testw which will write and verify the whole memory/card or just the size you select. Will also confirm the read and write speed of the adapter/card combination.
Available here H2testw Download

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
card, cards, dslr, k-3, k3, pentax k-3, reader, sandisk, slot