Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
07-21-2016, 08:32 AM - 2 Likes   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
body image stabilization keeps me in the Pentax family as I have shaky hands.
It keeps me in the Pentax family as I love legacy glass.

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
The real question here is what will take the longest..... a Pentax sport oriented camera to come to market or a single like for Uluru?
He's aptly named - a monolith against which one might beat one's head fruitlessly trying to shift it from its position at the centre of all things. Depending on what you're shooting and the time and care you took over each shot, I'm sure you could get 90%-plus shots with an *IstDL if you really wanted to.

With no context, keeper rates are meaningless. The determinants for keeper rate for any given camera are subject and technique. The former is under the photographer's control inasfar as they have a choice about what to photograph; the latter is entirely theirs.

07-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
The determinants for keeper rate for any given camera are subject and technique.
+1 for wise words.
07-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #78
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
The real question here is what will take the longest..... a Pentax sport oriented camera to come to market or a single like for Uluru?
It is not me;

if Ricoh decides to deliver a pro-level crop-body by market's standards, one that goes head to head with D500 and has more, you would all cry foul, and scream aloud that the K3II was enough of a pro camera and you:

1. don't need fast AF — fast AF is for girls;
2. don't need deep buffer — that's for grandpas;
3. hate 10fps and revamped UI— that's for aunties;
4. touch-screen for tripod use is useless — that's for invalids, right?

Yeah?

No, all of you would start squawking like magpies in mating season. (Aussie expression)

Meanwhile, like magpies, you just drop poo from the branches of your self-contentment. (Yeah, I'll be expelled for this, but can't resist. You guys deserve it sometimes).
07-21-2016, 05:34 PM - 2 Likes   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
you would all cry foul, .
Nah.... I'd just buy one

07-21-2016, 05:45 PM - 2 Likes   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I do appreciate that PF does not have an option to dislike posts. Who needs trolls and negativity? But either someone's 'like' button must be broken or John Lennon was right; 'the love you take is equal to the love you make'.

And when I read about poo, I think of Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin, Rabbit, Tigger, Roo, and poor old Eeyore....
07-21-2016, 07:43 PM - 3 Likes   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
I do appreciate that PF does not have an option to dislike posts. Who needs trolls and negativity? But either someone's 'like' button must be broken or John Lennon was right; 'the love you take is equal to the love you make'.

And when I read about poo, I think of Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin, Rabbit, Tigger, Roo, and poor old Eeyore....
I am a little surprised that Uluru has 2200 posts and zero likes...

@Uluru, the point is not that no one needs top end auto focus or deep buffers. The point is that these things have been improving gradually and they are at the place where they won't hold back a photographer who isn't interested in sports. Maybe Ricoh will go after that market at some point, but it seems unlikely, as it is small and many of those folks who shoot action have already purchased glass and cameras from other brands.

In addition, Pentax does have a set of features that aren't offered on similarly priced cameras from other brands.

Last edited by Rondec; 07-22-2016 at 02:12 AM.
08-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #82
Veteran Member

With no context, keeper rates are meaningless. The determinants for keeper rate for any given camera are subject and technique. The former is under the photographer's control inasfar as they have a choice about what to photograph; the latter is entirely theirs.
No - even with the exact same subject and technique some cameras will churn out more in-focus frames than others, simply due to different AF technology. Technique helps but it in no way can fully compensate for big differences in AF performance.

08-17-2016, 11:30 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
even with the exact same subject and technique some cameras will churn out more in-focus frames than others
That is why I said "for any given camera". I do not doubt that for the specific task of taking pictures of duelling ninjas, a D500 will be better than a K-5 in the same hands. For taking pictures of what's left of the loser, however, the K-5 is ample.
08-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #84
Veteran Member

That is why I said "for any given camera".
Completely missed that bit - my bad