Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

LCD Protector?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Are there any Matt finish LCD Protectors for my K3-2? Really tired of greasy nose prints on my screen LOL!

01-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #2

the best protector ever
ACMAXX 3 2" Hard LCD Screen Armor Protector Pentax K3 K 3 K3D D DSLR Body Kit | eBay
01-25-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Is there a picture of it?
01-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
a5m
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Vikuiti DQCM30 Screen Protector for Pentax K-3 II, 100% accurately fitting - anti-reflective (mat) - hard-coated - dirt-repellent - very simple assembly - residue-free removal

This is the brand I plan to get. A user here said they use this and like it because it barely feels like it's there.

01-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

I used a simple screen like:
Hoodman Super Hoodskins (Model SHSK 3) reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

This one was a bit hard to install (lack of instructions) but works very well.
01-25-2016, 02:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

There is a member on here who really recommended one for the K-3.
I can't remember which protector it is...

@csa
01-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jayjay Quote

How is the installation process?

01-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. Ed Quote
How is the installation process?
verry easy, the protector stick by itself
I find this on youtube.
Hope it helps
01-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
+1 on the Acmax. I have them on both my K7 and 1st D-L. But they are not matt finish.
01-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jayjay Quote
verry easy, the protector stick by itself
I find this on youtube.
Hope it helps
AC MAXX Hard LCD Screen Protectors (Rebel T2i/550D) - YouTube

Thanks very much. Very helpful.
01-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #11
Forum Member

A lot of people here like the ACMAXX, I have never used it, instead I bought the Vikuiti and it has been excellent. Keep in mind that the Vikuiti is a film protector and not a hard glass or glass like protector.

Another option that a friend recently installed on his K3 is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Foto-Tech-LCD-TOUCHSCREEN-Shatterproof/dp/B00U2WSUWG/r...+lcd+protector

This is a glass protector and the fit is excellent, he did have some problems aligning it while he was in the process of installing it and when he tried to lift one of the corners the glass cracked a bit but he is currently using it and you can hardly see the crack. Actually this protector is similar to the one that I use in the sense that once you install it you can hardly tell it is there and also the transparency is excellent.

Best of luck,

George
01-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info!
02-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok guys.
BTW: great information here.

On the other hand: I have read of a few "misfits" with the ACMAXX for the K3 rear LCD.
ACMAXX LCD Armor reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Too bad, because this is the type of protector I have on my Fuji X-E2 and the fit is perfect ! I was going to order one until I read a few reviews and this thread as well.

What I really like about the ACMAXX (on the Fuji) is the ease of installation and the fit, as I mentioned above.
Now, if I were to buy the ACMAXX for the K3 .... wouldn't that be a real pain to have to buff it to size?

I've checked MasMax's link to the "alternative" here: http://www.amazon.ca/Foto-Tech-LCD-TOUCHSCREEN-Shatterproof/dp/B00U2WSUWG/re...+lcd+protector
@ MasMax: did your friend found that this was "toouch and go" as far as installation goes, or is it something that only a (precision) clockmaker would are installing??

Has anyone tried again with ACMAXX recently and asked about the exact size (for the K3) availability ?
What are the EXACT dimensions that would be ideal for the K3 rear LCD ?

Thanks !

JP
02-16-2016, 04:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I've used mostly Vikuiti, and the fit is always precise. Never ordered matte, so can't say on that. Ordering directly from the German source is very quick (under a week), and cheap...
screen protector for Pentax K-3 II: Vikuiti? DQCM30
02-16-2016, 04:56 PM   #15
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
@ MasMax: did your friend found that this was "toouch and go" as far as installation goes, or is it something that only a (precision) clockmaker would are installing??
Sorry for the very late reply jpzx, actually it is not that difficult to install; I guess the hardest part is aligning it to the lcd screen but then again, that is something that you would have to deal with no matter what protector you buy. The only thing I would advise you is to take your time since this is a thin glass protector and if you bend it too much, like my friend did, it will crack a bit at the bend.

One trick I have learned when using glass protectors is to place two strips of tape on top part of the protector (on opposite sides) and hold the tape to manipulate the protector until you have it placed correctly, when you have it where you want then simply just press down.

Again, sorry for the very late response.

George