Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2016, 03:32 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
K3 White Balance changed

I have encountered a problem with the AWB when it works with built-in flash or AF540FGZ II these 2 days. It functioned pretty well all before but it suddenly have a problem that the WB charts were all shifted! I don't know if it is because of something changed or other issues! I found the K3 is far too easy to have the four arrows key accidentally changed the settings!

I have just made a firmware upgrade to V1.21 for it but I still cannot see some of the charts of WB on the LCD! Such that I don't know what are those WB in form of the graphic charts!

Does anyone know how to retrieve the original charts settings? And also to have it properly displayed on the LCD when I select the WB setting!

The factory preset WB of the K3 is the best among all my cameras. I really want to have it fixed tonight as I am in a trip with my family! Thank you for all who can share and help me!

02-12-2016, 05:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Charts?
02-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax_family Quote
I have encountered a problem with the AWB when it works with built-in flash or AF540FGZ II these 2 days. It functioned pretty well all before but it suddenly have a problem that the WB charts were all shifted! I don't know if it is because of something changed or other issues! I found the K3 is far too easy to have the four arrows key accidentally changed the settings!

I have just made a firmware upgrade to V1.21 for it but I still cannot see some of the charts of WB on the LCD! Such that I don't know what are those WB in form of the graphic charts!

Does anyone know how to retrieve the original charts settings? And also to have it properly displayed on the LCD when I select the WB setting!

The factory preset WB of the K3 is the best among all my cameras. I really want to have it fixed tonight as I am in a trip with my family! Thank you for all who can share and help me!
I haven't got a clue as to what you mean by charts but you can reset the camera to factory defaults and that may help. Check your owners manual for the proceedure, the particular section escapes me right now but its in the camera menu and easily found.
02-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
When looking at the white balance menu, are you talking about the white balance trimmer sub-menu you get to by pushing the info button? By default, those color trimmer "charts" should be centered for each color balance type. If the green dot is not in the center of the chart, push the camera green button, and that will reset it to the center (no effect), and the white balance setting should be as it came from the factory.

02-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by commongrounder Quote
When looking at the white balance menu, are you talking about the white balance trimmer sub-menu you get to by pushing the info button? By default, those color trimmer "charts" should be centered for each color balance type. If the green dot is not in the center of the chart, push the camera green button, and that will reset it to the center (no effect), and the white balance setting should be as it came from the factory.

Thank you very much!
I did so and seemed the colour looks better. However, after I trimmed it to centre, this chart disappeared when I enter to the trimming menu again!