Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't have a K-3II, but would buy one for the GPS unit and pixel shift were I upgrading today. Paid $100 for my wifi card for my K-3, and often carry a $400 GPS so I can tag my images. I have a couple old flashes lying around that are better than the built in flash, so flash isn't an issue. The old flash I used house on my Program Plus film camera (AF200T) does just fine when I need something and I have some cheap light triggered slaves that make it a useful proposition.

03-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #17
Forum Member

"For all other purposes the K3 will do just fine (the AF improvements are mostly implemented in 3d tracking of moving objects and shouldn't make much difference in real world scenarios)"

from one of the threads listed above. i dont see how that wouldnt absolutely translate to real world scenarios rather than say lab tests unless all you shot was stuff that didnt move in a 2d setting. lol this would be of relative importance to me because i shoot stuff like surfing or my dog which apparently dont exist in the real world because they are moving objects that need to be tracked in 3d environment. im wondering if anyone has any experience with this. (im sure its not an easy thing to discern) im not sure the difference is a100$ to maybe 200$ difference bc i might consider going used for k3.

---------- Post added 03-08-16 at 11:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Paid $100 for my wifi card for my K-3, and often carry a $400 GPS so I can tag my images.
wouldnt u still need to shell out the $$ for the wifi card? or r u saying the gps feature would replace your wifi needs? i guess it was a matter of either space but i think they shouldve put wifi in the k3ii too like ks2. i know the flucard accomplishes the same thing but mobile control of the camera built in would be nice for remote triggering. i have a shoe mounted remote trigger and i like it aside from the batteries and bulkiness.. and the wireless triggers are a pain bc u need to have it showing in the picture pointing at the camera and click it a billion times listening closely for the shutter at any distance.

also do u have an eyefi or flu card?
if flucard how is the remote operation with it if uve used it?
03-08-2016, 09:12 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elementdtlop Quote
wouldnt u still need to shell out the $$ for the wifi card?
No wifi in the K-3II, I must have been thinking of the K-s2.

QuoteQuote:
also do u have an eyefi or flu card?
if flucard how is the remote operation with it if uve used it?
Next to useless and seldom used. The problem with the wifi card is the range is so small, you can practically reach out and touch the camera. You do get an expanded view of the viewfinder, but for my intended use, setting up the camera in front of a bird feeder and triggering the shutter remotely, I probably spent an hour sitting there waiting for a little birdie to go to the right spot, and have not one image to show for it.

For viewing your images it's OK, but, it doesn't transfer the images to my iPad, the camera has to be on, and it acts like a web server letting you click through your images as if it were a browser. I was hoping for downloading to my iPad, so I wasn't wasting camera battery when looking at the images. All in all, a real half effort. When I got it I was expecting something a lot more useful.
03-08-2016, 09:16 AM   #19
Veteran Member

And don't forget that if you decide to go with the K-3 now for the built-in flash unit, you can always add GPS/astrotracing functionality later...

Pentax O-GPS1 GPS Unit Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Pentax O-GPS1 GPS Module 39012 B&H Photo Video

04-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #20

Original Poster
Mmmmm... I'm now thinking about the K-1. So Iìll wait unless I get a real bargain.