Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2016, 12:02 AM   #16
Site Supporter

I bought one off of ebay with the extra battery. Zero issues, and the finish matches quite closely.

As others mentioned... it makes taking photos vertically A LOT easier... particularly as the K3 itself is a bit on the smaller side.

Having shot firearms competitively, it is also a lot easier on the wrists not holding up the camera sideways and twisting your wrist. =)

03-27-2016, 11:36 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
I also have the DSTE off Ebay. I thought the K-3 sat well in my hands before the grip... yeah... can't go back. Like others have stated. It fills out the hand prefectly now, and if I ever take it off, the camera just feels too small. Better balance, and more ways to hold the camera in general (I will actually grip the bottom with my left hand while shooting with shorter lenses, makes it feel far more stable than when I was just propping the camera up with the left hand under the lens). And the chunkier feeling helps with the bigger lenses, a very noticable difference balance wise in the hand.
03-28-2016, 11:39 PM   #18

Anyone else have trouble with the DSTE? I just got it a week ago and the AF button doesn't always work and it seems to go to sleep pretty fast. Sunday it kept randomly changing my shutter speed to 1/5 and I lost some shots.

The good news is it worked perfect for what I got it for and that is rolling shots. I'll keep it but I can't live with the back button focus doing weird stuff.