Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #1

K3ii - erratic aperture jump in manual mode

So today, I have been experiencing a strange issue with my K3ii. When shooting in manual mode, randomly after I take a picture my aperture jumps to 13. It does not matter what it was set to before. I have experienced this starting only today, from when the camera is turned on, returning from picture review, or after the picture preview from taking a picture. This is very annoying and has messed up a few photos I was taking for an event today.

I switched batteries after the even and found this still occurred. I plan on resetting the camera and see if this may fix the issue. I am hopping it does not need to go in for repair since I need it for the next few weeks. But it is not useful when you have to remember to check the aperture after every photo to see if it stayed where you set it to. It is very strange asI have been using the camera since it was released and have not had any issues like this until today.

Using a HD 16-85mm
OEM battery
disabled flu card and normal card
shooting indoors

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

04-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
What kind/series lens? K/M series or A (any lens with auto aperture) ?
04-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
it was the Pentax HD 16-85mm. It turned out to be dirty lens contacts. Not sure how they got dirty enough to effect this, but cleaning them worked.