Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I like my fully manual K 55 and 28, but by the sound of it you should stick to buying 'A' lenses if you want to use Av mode.

You will find, too, that a P-TTL flash will always fire at full power.
I only have the one manual lens, and it will probably stay that way! I do regret selling my 200 lens though.

I'll bear that in mind if I use flash with it though.

Tuggie76

04-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuggie76 Quote
I only have the one manual lens, and it will probably stay that way! I do regret selling my 200 lens though.

I'll bear that in mind if I use flash with it though.

Tuggie76
Its not for everyone working fully manual but I love it having complete control over the camera the green button press is right near so its not that difficult once it has the right exposure just fire away. The only downside I've found is really fast movement but even that can be captured with correct shutter speed. Its more fun as well hope it works out for you
08-22-2016, 06:01 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I haven't had the chance for low light photography since my last post, but taking all the advise and reading the manual, I took my Sears 125mm f2.8 lens to the circus with my grandsons. I'm pretty pleased with the final result! I found the lens a tad long for the setting, but not too long. White balance was an issue due to the multiple coloured lights and constant changes, but finally setting it to 5000 in Lightroom seemed acceptable. Focus was a real problem as nothing was stationary very long and the split screen on my old Ricoh film camera was much easier to use. I used the green button to get the exposure, but found it over exposed so I increased shutter speed a stop to compensate.

Thanks for all the advise, you'll make a photographer of me yet!

Tuggie76

Last edited by tuggie76; 3 Days Ago at 04:35 PM.