Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pointed the K3 and Sigma 500 at a woodpecker in my pine tree .... Hit shutter button halfway.... Nothing.... Again.... Nothing.... Aghhhhh.... No autofocus.... No no.... Oh... Camera somehow got switched to manual focus.... Hi my name is Aka: Stupid

06-09-2016, 11:50 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I hope the woodpecker didn't die of old age (or laughing) before you figured it out.
06-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I hope the woodpecker didn't die of old age (or laughing) before you figured it out.
<br />
<br />
I did manage a few shots. When it happened mind immediately wandered over to the fact that weeks ago when I tried out my aunt's Nikon with newly acquired used 300mm lens it would not focus. I quietly and calmly checked everything, (she had the camera on auto mode since she is just learning) and it would not focus. I believe she bought a bad lens. I switched it to manual and was able to focus it and get clear shots. But nothing on autofocus. Ugh, had to tell her it might be a manual only now unless repaired. So all that time she had tested it, being a newbie, she thought the photo fuzziness was due to camera shake. So when my big lens didn't focus on the woodpecker I had a momentary 'scare', ha ha. I did some eye rolling at myself though!
06-11-2016, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #19
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Who else would photo a whole afternoon and evening with no film in camera.
As she raises her hand, from the back row! However, I did have film.................in my purse!

06-12-2016, 05:39 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
As she raises her hand, from the back row! However, I did have film.................in my purse!
Glad you added that. I'd get killed or worse with that punch line and it was heard or seen by someone.
RONC
06-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I was thinking that using that using the AF button on the grip should cure his problem but a lot of folks still resist the Back Button technique.
So I was playing around with back button focus, left it set that way. Just got a SMC DA 15mm f/4 from Borrowlenses for an upcoming trip, and was doing some test shots. None of them were coming out sharp, I was perplexed. Started thinking I got a bad copy, wouldn't be able to use it. Then I remembered... as yes, the half-push no longer focuses! Now we get some sharp shots.
06-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What? You couldn't figure out what I meant?
Wasn't a problem for me......I speak both Squirrel and Norm, so I'm used to it.
06-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #23
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Pointed the K3 and Sigma 500 at a woodpecker in my pine tree .... Hit shutter button halfway.... Nothing.... Again.... Nothing.... Aghhhhh.... No autofocus.... No no.... Oh... Camera somehow got switched to manual focus.... Hi my name is Aka: Stupid
Given the preponderance of manual focus lenses in my bag I encounter this form of 'call me stupid' on a regular basis.

06-19-2016, 07:46 AM   #24
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Who else would photo a whole afternoon and evening with no film in camera.
Thankfully a modern camera flashes 'No Card In Camera'.