Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
meter looks different, can't figure out how to change it back

So in the year and half I have had the k3, I have never run into this. Apparently my meter changed from a scale with lines to +/- numbers. It will say +3.3 if I am over exposed, but no scale meter. I read the manual and I don't see anything about so I probably just missed it. I feel dumb. If I push the iso button, then I get the view in the viewfinder I am used to, but as soon as I half press the shutter (or also push back button AF), it goes back to the +/- numbers and the bar disappears. I have turned it off and on and removed the battery. Is this something very simple?

06-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you enable the electronic level in the viewfinder? That takes the place of the EV scale.

The corresponding setting is found in the third tab of the record menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Did you enable the electronic level in the viewfinder? That takes the place of the EV scale.

The corresponding setting is found in the third tab of the record menu.
YES! Thank you, it's very hot here and I was outside getting frustrated and angry trying to fix it. I don't think I have used the level other than in live view. I thought it was exposure readings. DUH. I blame it on the heat.