Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2016, 09:48 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Flucard and k-3II

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I ordered a flucard for my k-3II just for the fun of it, I don't know if I will be using it often.

Since flucard was originally developed for K-3,
Does anyone know if you can use pixel shift in remote capture?
Also, can you use astrotracer, or bulb mode?

06-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #2

Only images that are saved in JPEG format can be transferred.
06-17-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zvon Quote
I ordered a flucard for my k-3II just for the fun of it, I don't know if I will be using it often.

Since flucard was originally developed for K-3,
Does anyone know if you can use pixel shift in remote capture?
Also, can you use astrotracer, or bulb mode?
Good question about the pixel shift. I actually haven't tried it myself, but it's possible that it might work (you would have to apply the setting via the camera before opening up the flucard's remote capture).

The only selectable drive mode is single shot. The camera will not fire in other modes.

QuoteOriginally posted by Amoon Quote
Only images that are saved in JPEG format can be transferred.
You can transfer RAW files if they're being saved to the flucard. The only issue is that the transfer rate is painfully slow.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-16-2016, 04:50 PM   #4

I don't know if pixel shift and Astrotracer are related...but after nine months of fighting with AstroTracer (nowhere in the manual does it say you have to SEPARATELY turn on GPS for it to work!) I just had it working for the first time...only for the FLUCard to insist I deactivate it when I try to take a picture (literally a message pops up when I click the Shutter button from the tablet saying "Deactivate Astrotracer"...

...which, considering it's what I bought it for, may mean the whole bloody lot goes back to Jessops...

09-17-2016, 06:53 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I hope some company develops a much better flucard type of technology. I would love to do wireless transfers to my computer.
09-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #6

Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, Speeding towards the Virgo Supercluster
So where does one get this Flu Card B&H & Adorama no longer have them...
09-29-2016, 03:31 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SKYGZR Quote

I bought mine from this seller, card was not in retail packaging, but in a nylon bag with manual and other papers, probably just separated cards from combo packages that were sold with K-3.

I live in Europe so I don't know if this is possible to order in U.S. And if it would be affordable to you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pentax-FLU-Card-16GB-SHDC-Speicherkarte-Class-10-W...UAAOSw~gRV7aEz

09-29-2016, 04:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I hope some company develops a much better flucard type of technology. I would love to do wireless transfers to my computer.
Yeah I agree, this particular transfer solution is pretty clunky. No doubt there will be something along, it's too obvious and neccessary not to do.
09-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Yeah I agree, this particular transfer solution is pretty clunky. No doubt there will be something along, it's too obvious and neccessary not to do.
Yes, but what do you want to bet that said solution will come in the shape of a whole new camera...NOT an upgrade for the K3-II?
10-01-2016, 06:23 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Sadly, Pentax decided to bury tethering controls in the SD card port rather than the remote release port or a dedicated tethering port, or even the USB port. While I have a FLUcard I prefer to use my USB ports with big cards to store images at the camera.

A startup called Foolography is developing a tiny Bluetooth dongle (Unleashed) to do remote control and image capture. Initially the tethering device will be iOS or Android based, but they are also licensing an API, so there should be no problem developing a Windows or Mac application. The folks over at TriggerTrap will make sure their remote release app works with Unleashed dongles. Unfortunately the odds are against a Pentax version simply because the tethering interface is via the SD card port.
10-01-2016, 06:31 AM   #11
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SKYGZR Quote
Amazon has them (sold and shipped directly from Amazon) https://www.amazon.com/Pentax-OFC-1-16GB-Card-Camera/dp/B00GBLD7FC/
10-01-2016, 06:32 PM   #12

Location: Milky Way Galaxy, Planet Earth, Speeding towards the Virgo Supercluster
Thanks for the link...yet, considering what's been reported/read, It may not be worth it..seems it's not really all that reliable & causes more problems than what it's worth?? Don't know if I'll "go for it", yet good to know..
10-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Grey Area Quote
Yes, but what do you want to bet that said solution will come in the shape of a whole new camera...NOT an upgrade for the K3-II?
Yes it's a shame that Pentax doesn't give new functionality to old bodies. people say that's to assure new model sales but to me that's only ever caused irritation, and made it less likely I bought a new model. Ah well