Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2016, 05:58 AM   #166
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
If no built-in flash on the successor, I hope Pentax releases the equivalent as a tiny hotshoe mounted unit - ideally powered from the camera body (therefore no bigger than built-in and included in the same box as the body- and absolutely with all the functionality of the built-in flash. As I've stated before, this is why I went K-3 rather than K-3ii. When I travel, I frequently only have room for one external flash (and last business trip, none). I need that camera-body flash to trigger the off-body flash, and sometimes to add a little fill.
Hello. I've the same problem. I think a built in flash is absolutly necessary to make it a versatil camera as it should be. I'm considering to decrease my K3II to K3 just because the of the built in flash

Last edited by luismpg; 11-02-2016 at 10:35 AM.
11-02-2016, 07:03 AM   #167
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luismpg Quote
Hello. I've the same problem. I think a built in flash is absolutly necessary to make it a versatil camera as it shoul be. I'm considering to decrease my K3Ii to K3 just because the built in flach
As I already sad, built in flash is absolutely necessary if you want a versatile camera, I found in my photography absolute need for that, because I don't want any little flash units, I just need pop up flash for certain occasions to just fill the light a little, and I found it work very well.
And it's useful to trigger your slave flash positioned elsewhere you need.

We will see what Pentax think about this feature in successor
11-02-2016, 08:24 AM   #168
Pentaxian

The suspense is killing me! There are a few other similar K-3/3II successor threads, but nothing definite yet.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/329050-ricoh-qui...successor.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/308908-pentax-k3-iii.html

Only pure speculations & guesses. Some say April 2017 & others say towards the end of 2017. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! This is not helping the cause!
11-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #169
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
The suspense is killing me!
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! This is not helping the cause!

11-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #170
Veteran Member

Im glad i know what is going on, so I have no problems with keeping calm
11-02-2016, 12:50 PM   #171
Pentaxian

The suspense is killing me! There are a few other similar K-3/3II successor threads, but nothing definite yet.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/329050-ricoh-qui...successor.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/308908-pentax-k3-iii.html

Only pure speculations & guesses. Some say April 2017 & others say towards the end of 2017. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! This is not helping the cause!
I hope it would be a nice piece of equipment . Fuji is killing in this class right now, and they started just yesterday
11-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am still trying to figure out why people think they have a right to know when a camera will be released before the company makes the decision. It really seems to me that that indicates out of control GAS more than an interest in photography. I am not trying to be provocative but these threads always puzzle me. We have had excellent, fully functional photography tools for a number of years now. Let's enjoy them.

11-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I am still trying to figure out why people think they have a right to know when a camera will be released before the company makes the decision. It really seems to me that that indicates out of control GAS more than an interest in photography. I am not trying to be provocative but these threads always puzzle me. We have had excellent, fully functional photography tools for a number of years now. Let's enjoy them.
Mikesul, you cant blame people for being curious or willing to plan their spendings. Also if/when you have an upcoming trip and need to upgrade before it might be an essential info to have.
It is not because you are satisfied with what you have that all users have to share your philosophy and patience!
Also Ricoh must have a pretty good knowledge of when K3 ii successor comes in line...
11-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #174
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Good for you.

---------- Post added 11-11-16 at 08:07 PM ----------

Why buy the 2016 Sedan when information is shared that the 2017 redesigned model is being released shortly? Are we to be in enjoyment of our high miles 2013 model and not look at new vehicles?

It is not stopping me from using my aging camera, but it also doesn't stop me from planning on upgrading and seeing what is the most value for my money.
11-11-2016, 07:23 PM   #175
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Mikesul, you cant blame people for being curious or willing to plan their spendings. Also if/when you have an upcoming trip and need to upgrade before it might be an essential info to have.
It is not because you are satisfied with what you have that all users have to share your philosophy and patience!
Also Ricoh must have a pretty good knowledge of when K3 ii successor comes in line...
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Good for you.

---------- Post added 11-11-16 at 08:07 PM ----------

Why buy the 2016 Sedan when information is shared that the 2017 redesigned model is being released shortly? Are we to be in enjoyment of our high miles 2013 model and not look at new vehicles?

It is not stopping me from using my aging camera, but it also doesn't stop me from planning on upgrading and seeing what is the most value for my money.
But there is usually no reliable information being exchanged, just endless unsupported speculation and bickering. Once there is reliable information the conversation will make sense. But, anyway, people are free to discuss what they want I just wanted to comment. I'm done.
11-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #176
mee
Veteran Member

But there is usually no reliable information being exchanged, just endless unsupported speculation and bickering. Once there is reliable information the conversation will make sense. But, anyway, people are free to discuss what they want I just wanted to comment. I'm done.
Ah so you really didn't want to understand, but point out it doesn't make sense to you. Lots of PF doesn't make sense to me either.. mostly the news and rumors threads when they go into the deep financials or business planning of the company. But I've learned (or am in process of learning) to largely just let them do their own thing.

There is a lot of time between sunrise and sunset waiting for that gorgeous light.

Take care!
11-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #177
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Do I over think assuming from what you wrote that nothing will come in line anytime soon ?

Any chance that the tele prime in last roadmap would be a 200mm macro?
11-12-2016, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #178
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Do I over think assuming from what you wrote that nothing will come in line anytime soon ?

Any chance that the tele prime in last roadmap would be a 200mm macro?
He won't share, he has already stated (in news and rumors thread) he is no longer sharing info here at PF. Now he posts simply to dangle the carrot out in front of our faces... I think asahi man is the only one potentially with info that shares anything.
11-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
He won't share, he has already stated (in news and rumors thread) he is no longer sharing info here at PF. Now he posts simply to dangle the carrot out in front of our faces... I think asahi man is the only one potentially with info that shares anything.
Only stupid people don't change their minds...