Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2016, 05:39 AM   #31
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Somethings up..wont say more then that at this time

After 2 brexits in less than a week, finally some good (if extremely mysterious) news. Thanks so much for that info.
Now we just have to endure the wait and the speculative threads, but hey, we're Pentaxians, we're used to it...

P.S.: apologies to the non-british for the political joke

06-28-2016, 06:38 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My guess would be CP+ early next year.
06-28-2016, 07:30 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
  • A new APS-C K3II replacement for Christmas for between $1,000 and $1,200, although I do like the $999 idea.
  • A new 645 for CP+
  • It would be nice for a K1s - 16MP (or whatever Sony has available) high ISO, very low noise, similar to the Sony A7s - perhaps for CP+ .... but then Pentax manufacturing is capacity limited.

06-28-2016, 07:49 AM   #34
Site Supporter

Just tell me that they (Ricoh/Pentax) will keep it at 24 MP (not necessarily the exact same sensor) but with improved AF/tracking and high ISO better "handling".
Other than that, I don't really care for the gizmos such as articulated rear screen/third wheel/touch screen , and the likes.

06-28-2016, 08:01 AM   #35
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Those would be the top two items for me, without a doubt. But, 5-way IBIS and a touch screen where you can just touch the focus point would be great. Sounds much easier and quicker than looking for focus points with a four way. Those two additional items on top of better AF.C and better noise control would seal the deal for me.

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Just tell me that they (Ricoh/Pentax) will keep it at 24 MP (not necessarily the exact same sensor) but with improved AF/tracking and high ISO better "handling".
Other than that, I don't really care for the gizmos such as articulated rear screen/third wheel/touch screen , and the likes.
06-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Pexit

I'm going to guess (in addition to K-3ii specs).
-24MP sensor (same or not)
-better AF
-better high ISO
-WiFi and GPS
-maybe articulating screen?
-maybe K-1 third wheel?
06-28-2016, 10:24 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I suspect what we'll get is an APS-C version of the K-1, with all the sensor stabilisation, signal processing and AF goodies, but keeping the same 24MP pixel pitch as the K-3 line. This will enable Pentax to spread the K-1's R&D costs around and in the long run lower the cost of both platforms.
I'd go for that in a heartbeat
06-28-2016, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter

Things I do not want on the new K-3ii replacement:
  1. Touch Screen - I have enough problems with an iPad when I don't use a stylus
  2. That goofy movable screen that is on the K-1. Please just regular tilt and swivel like the rest of the world.
  3. Icons on menus - I can read.

06-28-2016, 07:35 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
Things I do not want on the new K-3ii replacement:
  1. Touch Screen - I have enough problems with an iPad when I don't use a stylus
  2. That goofy movable screen that is on the K-1. Please just regular tilt and swivel like the rest of the world.
  3. Icons on menus - I can read.
  1. It's to be hoped that there would be an option to turn off a touch screen;
  2. Don't believe anything until you've tried one regularly. The K-1's movable LCD screen is a joy to use, speaking as someone who's used both tilt-and-swivel screens as well as the K-1 screen; and
  3. As with no. 1, a choice between icons and text is the best scenario, but I'm with you.
06-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #40
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Those would be the top two items for me, without a doubt. But, 5-way IBIS and a touch screen where you can just touch the focus point would be great. Sounds much easier and quicker than looking for focus points with a four way. Those two additional items on top of better AF.C and better noise control would seal the deal for me.
The 5-way-IBIS is indeed a good mention but I'd say that the touch screen doesn't inspire me much but then again, I suppose some would really like this feature.
I should have waited to buy the K3 ... good camera, no doubt, but a little disappointing (for me) coming from a K5 with its excellent high ISO files.

---------- Post added 06-28-16 at 10:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote

I'm going to guess (in addition to K-3ii specs).
-24MP sensor (same or not)
-better AF
-better high ISO

-WiFi and GPS
-maybe articulating screen?
-maybe K-1 third wheel?
Exactly !
06-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #41
Veteran Member

How about that custom function from the K1 that makes the AF selection the default for the 4-way buttons... (k3ii does not have that does it?)
06-29-2016, 02:20 AM   #42
Pentaxian

I want them to..... shock me!
06-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #43
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sewebster Quote
(k3ii does not have that does it?)
I think it is a toggle button that toggles between AF points and other settings and then use 4 way buttons, very clumbsy and not intuitive, Pentax are way behind in this, having an AF button where it is possible to directly change individual AF points with the back wheel is very clever, this can show up in the viewfinder and on he top lcd as well, way faster to work with, and I hope you are listening Mr. Pentax you really really need to adopt this kind of thing for your next camera, please
06-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Announced at photokina. Articulating screen pdaf on sensor, 4k (maybe... but at least 1080p 60fps video) 10fps ( I wish ) Improved AF (again....) up to -4ev (gotta keep ahead).
06-29-2016, 08:47 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Don't really care for K3 successor but would love to see Pentax offering K-mount mirrorless with Sony like form factor and EVF.