Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K3 focus lock issue post camera repair

Hello All.

I recently had my K3 die and had it repaired at Precision. Everything seemed fine and I took it up to Canada but now the camera seems to have a serious issue releasing the shutter when I use the autofocus, it seems to require really high contrast images and even then it is iffy if it is actually going to release the shutter and this seem true regardless of the lens used (my backup K5iis has no such issues). There was a firmware update. It is going to be a couple of weeks before I can send it back for a check up but 1) is it likely the update was the issue 2) Is there anything I can do on the fly to help improve the shutter release situation?

Thanks.

Doug

07-10-2016, 02:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stemked Quote
Is there anything I can do on the fly to help improve the shutter release situation?
If you set the AF to release priority, it will fire even if it doesn't confirm focus.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: