Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #1

Any idea about Newmowaź D-BG5 Battery

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PQ7850E/ref=s9_simh_gw_g421_i1_r?ie=UTF...f_rd_i=desktop

Can someone please thro some light on this???

08-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Like most 3:rd party battery grips, it will probably work just fine but it will not be weather sealed. So if you are looking for to preserve a WR unit buy the original grip.
08-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Given that WR is a non-warranty covered item (meaning if you get water in the camera you don't get warranty service even if you did everything correctly) I'm not sure that the lack of WR certification matters much.

However as mentioned above this isn't an official product and has limitations in terms of warranty etc. Your mileage (so to speak) may vary.
08-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Looks exactly like the DSTE. There are user reviews for it, it works fine.

08-03-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rrstuff Quote
Looks exactly like the DSTE. There are user reviews for it, it works fine.
You'll be surprised to know that there are actually just two or three manufacturers who churn out battery grips in different brand names, albeit with slight variations as demanded by the Reseller.
Someone also mentioned that Ricoh-Pentax do not make many parts or accessories themselves - like batteries. They farm them out - to their specifications and quality control of course.

And many folks have reported that most of the 3rd Party Battery Grips are good. So don't bother about this WR bogey brother. After all you are paying just 1/3rd the cost of the Pentax original.

Let me refute the claim and the bogey again about 3rd Party Batteries. I have been using them since 2009 and they are just as good if you buy brands like DSTE, Wasabi etc. And why not, they just cost some $ 7 to 9 with free shipping from China on EvilBay.
So once I bought (2) of them for just $ 3.99 each with shipping. They worked well, albeit lasting for just half the time of the original. So what??

And Ball Heads: I am not a Pro, + my lens and body combo weigh just 3.5 Kg (8 lbs). Why spend $ 160 to 360 on big name brands?? I bought the Manbily KB-0 & KF-0 rated at 15 Kg load for $ 20 each + Free Shipping from EvilBay. I downgraded the loading capacity to 7 Kg and they work great.
Regards.
08-04-2016, 02:57 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is probably OK. Not sealed, but maybe that isn't a big deal. Biggest thing folks have commented about third party grips is that they seem to wear out quicker -- battery tray doesn't go in and out as well or buttons start to get sticky. This looks like a pretty straight clone of the normal battery grip for the K3, so probably will work fine other than cheaper materials used to make it.