Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The latest versions of LR/PS do look at all 4 images when exporting from a raw file, but you can use the sharpness slider to control the degree of this AFAIK.
Where did this sharpness slider usage appear? Is it documented by Adobe? I have my doubts that they have hidden parameter usage.

RONC

08-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Where did this sharpness slider usage appear? Is it documented by Adobe? I have my doubts that they have hidden parameter usage.

RONC
No documentation whatsoever on how PSR files are treated.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

No documentation whatsoever on how PSR files are treated.
Who deemed that the program works that way? I'd like to see the examples to prove it before it is spread any further. Low sharpening turns PSR compositing off?

Do you remember who put this out as I like to know what is what.

RONC
08-29-2016, 10:04 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This was from a while ago, so YMMV, but check out the examples here:

Pentax K-3 II Review - Processing Pixel Shifted RAWs | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-29-2016, 11:28 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Adam,
Thanks for responding so quickly.

I sent a note to my contact at Adobe with the URL so with a lot of luck we might find out. I remember that article but don't know why I didn't question at the time.

RONC
08-30-2016, 05:32 AM   #21

Original Poster
Who deemed that the program works that way? I'd like to see the examples to prove it before it is spread any further. Low sharpening turns PSR compositing off?

Do you remember who put this out as I like to know what is what.

RONC

Here is a posting from the Adobe site from May 17, 2016, which went unanswered. According to this footnote (sorry the clips kind of ran toghether) from the Adobe cameras supported ACR 9.1.1 will support PSR. I have the most recent versions of ACR, LR and PS. They will open PSR files but as I've stated before there are problems still remaining.
Attached Images

08-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #22
Veteran Member

This is the response from Adobe
Pixel Shift and old ACR 9.1.1 |Adobe Community

"You control pixel-shift by turning it on and off in the camera. There is no switch in Adobe products that I'm aware of.... "

I hope that settles the use of sharpening parameter in ACR. Probably accentuate the effect of PSR.
RONC

My mileage is that of an old V8 needing a ring job because the owner used the 425hp too hard and too often. 2-4barrels sure didn't help! Tough on the old wheels too. MMDV a lot.

---------- Post added 08-30-2016 at 08:26 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
Here is a posting from the Adobe site from May 17, 2016, which went unanswered. According to this footnote (sorry the clips kind of ran toghether) from the Adobe cameras supported ACR 9.1.1 will support PSR. I have the most recent versions of ACR, LR and PS. They will open PSR files but as I've stated before there are problems still remaining.
Smoke,
Is a k3 ll PSR file of yours available that I could get my hands on? I had no problem with the k3 ll PSR into either ACR or PDCU. There was a color problem in ACR but that has been fixed.

RONC

Last edited by rechmbrs; 08-30-2016 at 08:28 AM.
08-30-2016, 05:05 PM   #23

Original Poster
This is the response from Adobe
Pixel Shift and old ACR 9.1.1 |Adobe Community

"You control pixel-shift by turning it on and off in the camera. There is no switch in Adobe products that I'm aware of.... "

I hope that settles the use of sharpening parameter in ACR. Probably accentuate the effect of PSR.
RONC

My mileage is that of an old V8 needing a ring job because the owner used the 425hp too hard and too often. 2-4barrels sure didn't help! Tough on the old wheels too. MMDV a lot.

---------- Post added 08-30-2016 at 08:26 AM ----------

Smoke,
Is a k3 ll PSR file of yours available that I could get my hands on? I had no problem with the k3 ll PSR into either ACR or PDCU. There was a color problem in ACR but that has been fixed.

RONC
I tried one more time to load the DNG PSR file direct to PS. the first clip is a screen shot of the image open in ACR. As you can see it looks fine. I clicked on "open Image" to move it to PS and the second image is clip of what I got. I also tried saving the image as a DNG, and then reopening that DNG in PS - same thing. Of course ACR gives you the option of saving the file as a TIFF or JPEG and then opening it in PS/LR, but that's what I'm doing now through Pentax Utility.

---------- Post added 08-30-16 at 05:25 PM ----------

Scratch what I said earlier about the PSR image looking ok in ACR. If you bring the image up to 100% the same distortion occurs
Attached Images

08-30-2016, 05:48 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I tried one more time to load the DNG PSR file direct to PS. the first clip is a screen shot of the image open in ACR. As you can see it looks fine. I clicked on "open Image" to move it to PS and the second image is clip of what I got. I also tried saving the image as a DNG, and then reopening that DNG in PS - same thing. Of course ACR gives you the option of saving the file as a TIFF or JPEG and then opening it in PS/LR, but that's what I'm doing now through Pentax Utility.

---------- Post added 08-30-16 at 05:25 PM ----------

Scratch what I said earlier about the PSR image looking ok in ACR. If you bring the image up to 100% the same distortion occurs
Are you using version 9.6.1 of ACR? What I see is the color problem that happened in ACR before 9.6.1. Blue is blown up and makes a real bad image.
RONC
08-31-2016, 03:54 AM   #25

Original Poster
Are you using version 9.6.1 of ACR? What I see is the color problem that happened in ACR before 9.6.1. Blue is blown up and makes a real bad image.
RONC
Yup. All updates current.
08-31-2016, 11:59 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Yup. All updates current.
Can I get my hands on the DNG somehow? You have Dropbox or the like? If not, I'll set something up. Let me know by PM please.
RONC
08-31-2016, 06:02 PM   #27

Original Poster
Can I get my hands on the DNG somehow? You have Dropbox or the like? If not, I'll set something up. Let me know by PM please.
RONC
My Internet out all day. Att not out till tomorrow. Will set up a link after its back up
08-31-2016, 07:59 PM   #28
Veteran Member

My Internet out all day. Att not out till tomorrow. Will set up a link after its back up
Thanks,
RONC
09-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There should be some full size PSR downloads in both the K-3 II and K-1 reviews if you want to take a look there in the mean time.
09-02-2016, 11:46 PM   #30
Veteran Member

There should be some full size PSR downloads in both the K-3 II and K-1 reviews if you want to take a look there in the mean time.
This problem was resolved in that software ACR was doing what it can but doesn't handle motion and any attempt to make it handle motion is of no use. We have to stick with PDCU until something else comes along.
RONC