Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-23-2016, 10:25 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-3II AF-C and Lock question

Does the K-3ii have a setting for how long the AF Continuous will lock? For instance, I want continuous AF but I want it to lock for a brief second or 2, then reactivate/reacquire an accurate focus point, and lock for a second or two. I want this to happen all while I am holding down the back button AF button. In addition, if it does have this feature, should I choose FPS priority or AF Priority? I'm shooting sports... football, soccer, volleyball, all of em.

09-23-2016, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Option C3-18 (hold af status) says how soon the camera will try to refocus once it's lost focus. Default is off (although there's still some lag) and then you have low/med/high. I usually have mine on af priority for the first frame and for the following ones, but I think there's room to experiment with fps priority if your subjects are not going towards or away from you.
09-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank aaacb!

---------- Post added 09-23-16 at 01:35 PM ----------

Oh, is low long or short?
09-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've used anything but off infrequently, I just put it on low or medium and didn't really compare. If you end up testing this more systematically, I'd be interested to see the results

09-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #5

Original Poster
answered!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
I've used anything but off infrequently, I just put it on low or medium and didn't really compare. If you end up testing this more systematically, I'd be interested to see the results
I tested it out. "AF Hold Low" means the AF lock is held for a low amount of time. "AF Hold High" means the lock is held for a much longer amount of time before reacquiring focus. Enjoy!