Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2016, 06:47 AM   #1

Moving on from Pentax

I have have my fill of Pentax and there problems. I have had nothing but problem after problem with my K3. so after repair after failed repair. I have gotten rid of my Pentax K3 I watched it go away in the trash truck, where it so justly deserved to be.I used Pentax camera and lenses for many years and have seen the great cameras Pentax used to be come down to garbage. While I am not into literally throwing money away, I have had enough of the problems. I wish the best for all Pentax owners.

10-09-2016, 06:58 AM - 5 Likes   #2

Photos: Albums
Buh bye!
10-09-2016, 07:02 AM - 8 Likes   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
given that in your nine posts in over four years of membership, you have never posted a picture to show what you are disappointed by (both your K-3 and KX), never shared exactly what you felt your camera wasn't doing for you, and never seemed to interact with the forum....

I think it's a shame that you felt it necessary to only share your negativity, so good luck in your next venture...
10-09-2016, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am not sure what you want others to say - I am sure many people on this board would have graciously helped you. It is a complex camera, I too struggle and I have owned it for 2 years, but that won't stop me from lusting after the K1. But I asked many questions and read the forum a lot and trouble shoot.

"I watched it go away in the trash truck" Wow, this makes me so sad. I am sure there are plenty of kids who would have LOVED to have a camera donated to their arts program, especially one so new. It's a shame to throw something away when so many other people could have used it and appreciated it and probably figured out what was going on with it. So many kids want to get into photography and can't afford a digital camera as good as the K3. I see you are in Lancaster - it's not far from Baltimore, and kids in programs all over the area want donations of digital cameras to teach young kids the arts. If it broken, at least it could have been put in e-cycle programs and recycled.

10-09-2016, 07:39 AM - 2 Likes   #5

Photos: Albums
Literally throwing money into the trash. Lenses command quite the pre-owned value at market.

Look how much just manual lenses command from the 60s.

When you get your new iPhone 7, a friendly reminder that drilling holes into the phone won't provide a functioning headphone jack. The reason I mention that is its on the same common sense level as tossing even non functioning gear with a thriving parts market.

Personally I have a feeling that a lurking Canonikan wanted to give us a zinger. I will respond with....

It isn't real without pics...
10-09-2016, 07:39 AM - 4 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

10-09-2016, 07:58 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

My Pentax cameras starting in the 1980's
Used K1000
Used Program Plus
New SF1
Used K-5
New K-S2

Nary a problem with any of them, so I'm staying, see ya!

10-09-2016, 08:06 AM - 3 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

So your first thread was your introduction where you told us how disappointed you are about your Kx. In your second thread you told us how disappointed you are with your K-3 which you probably bought because of your disappointment over the Kx. And your last thread is about you leaving Pentax behind because of your disappointment over the K-3.

There were a lot of very friendly users here on the forum that really wanted to help. But it seems you didn't want their help. You never posted pictures or specified the problems you had. Whatever brand you choose for your next camera you will not find another forum with so many helpful and friendly users as you can find them on here.

Maybe you should have just kept using your MX and stayed in the analog world where you seemed to be happy.

No matter if you are just trolling or are real with all your disappointment I wish you good luck in finding a camera that satisfies your needs. You won't be missed.
10-09-2016, 08:13 AM - 6 Likes   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by jhc403 Quote
I have have my fill of Pentax and there problems. I have had nothing but problem after problem with my K3. so after repair after failed repair. I have gotten rid of my Pentax K3 I watched it go away in the trash truck, where it so justly deserved to be.I used Pentax camera and lenses for many years and have seen the great cameras Pentax used to be come down to garbage. While I am not into literally throwing money away, I have had enough of the problems. I wish the best for all Pentax owners.
Did you happen to note the licence plate of that garbage truck?
10-09-2016, 08:13 AM - 1 Like   #10

I have never had a problem with my K3. And if I couldn't figure something out, this forum helped tremendously! I would have taken your K3 instead of you throwing it away.
10-09-2016, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

You could have done that without the badmouthing.
10-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I have to say you may be a bit unfair, if jch is having a number of repairs carried out then the problems experienced may run deeper than handling or familiarity issues
10-09-2016, 08:43 AM   #13
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
You could have done that without the badmouthing.

or the trolling in general... in fact, the entire original post reeks of "Look at me so I won't jump!"
10-09-2016, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #14
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

It's a pity you threw the camera into the trash rather than donating it to another Pentax user. I'm sure someone would have appreciated, and greatly benefited from, the many spare parts that could have been salvaged for their damaged camera. Still, what's done is done. Good luck in your future photography...
10-09-2016, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Enough, I think. Sorry Pentax didn't work out for you. Good luck with your future photography
Closed Thread