Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #1

K3, power button stuck

Hi all,

My K3 is now 2 years and the power dial started to move really difficult. It is hard to turn, and it can only be turned on/off by even pressure on both sides of the dial. Pushing the little knob does not make it move.

Any thoughts, or something for warranty?

11-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dicks Quote
Hi all,

My K3 is now 2 years and the power dial started to move really difficult. It is hard to turn, and it can only be turned on/off by even pressure on both sides of the dial. Pushing the little knob does not make it move.

Any thoughts, or something for warranty?
Ah, that sucks! The power switch is pretty tight to the body - my initial thought is some lint or dirt is stuck in there. I've had luck using a toothpick or thin plastic to de-lint such things as iPhone/headphone jacks, but you wouldn't be able to get one under there.... Small chance it would pop off, but seems more likely it wouldn't... I think warranty might be the way to go.

Perhaps you could fit fine dental floss under there?
11-10-2016, 02:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I got the same problem, I use a piece of paper, or you could try dental floss to clean out the dirt, and wash it with tap water this will help, the camera is water-resist right !
06-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I drop alcohol onto the side of the dial and turn it repeatedly to clean up the inside, and then again under running water and that worked, but some other buttons became bad contact over hard use I couldn't fix that.