Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 66
Does pkTriggerCord Now Work With The K3II

According to a couple of articles I've read recently, and this from the site, tethering is now possible with pkTriggerCord. Does it actually work, has anyone used it????

Attached Images
 
12-27-2016, 04:29 AM - 1 Like   #2
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miskolc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 127
This can be good news indeed, I would try it but I don't have the camera with me right now. If someone can though, I would like to hear about it.
12-27-2016, 07:08 AM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 66
Original Poster
All those "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" warnings scare me a little. LOL Would really like to hear from someone who's taken plunge before I download and try it.
12-27-2016, 08:51 AM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 97
I tried using it a month ago on my K-3 II and it didn't work. I don't know if anything's changed since then.

12-28-2016, 05:32 AM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Miskolc
Photos: Albums
Posts: 127
Tried it, it's a lie. It does not work.
12-30-2016, 07:26 AM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 66
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adjutant Quote
I tried using it a month ago on my K-3 II and it didn't work. I don't know if anything's changed since then.

Can you elaborate. Did it not connect? Didn't work once it connected???
01-01-2017, 01:14 PM   #7
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 97
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
Can you elaborate. Did it not connect? Didn't work once it connected???
It recognized the K-3 II but it just didn't work at all. The software was completely unresponsive. And sometimes it would crash my K-3 II, at first I thought the software bricked my camera because the top LCD would stay on, and powering on and off the camera did nothing, only the top LCD was on, everything else on the camera was dead. Thankfully removing the battery and putting it back in fixed this.
03-11-2017, 06:11 AM   #8
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 30
I gave this program the last opportunity and actually it works. Windows 8.1 Pentax K3II firmware is ver: 1.0

03-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 97
QuoteOriginally posted by 645user Quote
I gave this program the last opportunity and actually it works. Windows 8.1 Pentax K3II firmware is ver: 1.0
Seeing your success, I thought I'd give it another try. Downloaded the latest pktriggercord, but it's still having the exact same problem. The image never appears like it does for you. Very frustrating. The difference between mine and yours, however, is that I am running Windows 10, but I did set compatibility to Windows 8. So I'm not sure what continues to be the problem.

Is your camera connecting to your computer via USB 3 or HDMI?
03-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #10
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 30
QuoteOriginally posted by adjutant Quote
Seeing your success, I thought I'd give it another try. Downloaded the latest pktriggercord, but it's still having the exact same problem. The image never appears like it does for you. Very frustrating. The difference between mine and yours, however, is that I am running Windows 10, but I did set compatibility to Windows 8. So I'm not sure what continues to be the problem.

Is your camera connecting to your computer via USB 3 or HDMI?
Yes, I know how frustrating it can be. I connect camera via USB 3. But I can`t understand how can I be the only one who can get the program work. I tried another computer today which runs on Windows 10. And I got it work. I made printscreen again. I try to put link here where you see bigger image http://andruskannel.planet.ee/pk_triggercord/pktriggergord_win10_k3ii.jpg

All relevant windows open. Pay attention to the red lines, URL address where I got program. Reference to the link where I got the program. Version that works is 0.84.02 It is said that Windows need GTK2 but I do not know what that means. Perhaps it is important. After download go to program directory and open the program by using the file named pktriggercord not pktriggercord-cli

My observations: When I connect camera then camera lcd flashes three times and after that connect. In windows 10 the program was not able set shutterspeed. Must be determined in the camera. In windows 8.1 when I restart camera AND THE PROGRAM two or three times I am able to set shutterspeed inside program too. In windows 10 program crashed once. I have to use a work situation thoroughly, to say how stable or suitability for use with this program is.

Last edited by 645user; 03-17-2017 at 07:47 AM.
03-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #11
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 97
QuoteOriginally posted by 645user Quote
Yes, I know how frustrating it can be. I connect camera via USB 3. But I can`t understand how can I be the only one who can get the program work. I tried another computer today which runs on Windows 10. And I got it work. I made printscreen again. I try to put link here where you see bigger image http://andruskannel.planet.ee/pk_triggercord/pktriggergord_win10_k3ii.jpg

All relevant windows open. Pay attention to the red lines, URL address where I got program. Reference to the link where I got the program. Version that works is 0.84.02 It is said that Windows need GTK2 but I do not know what that means. Perhaps it is important. After download go to program directory and open the program by using the file named pktriggercord not pktriggercord-cli

My observations: When I connect camera then camera lcd flashes three times and after that connect. In windows 10 the program was not able set shutterspeed. Must be determined in the camera. In windows 8.1 when I restart camera AND THE PROGRAM two or three times I am able to set shutterspeed inside program too. In windows 10 program crashed once. I have to use a work situation thoroughly, to say how stable or suitability for use with this program is.
Very mysterious! One thing I noticed when using pktrigger is that when I close/crash the program, I am able to continue using the camera normally, BUT the computer still recognizes the camera's storage. This means I can shoot the camera normally and still review the camera storage on my PC. Not quite tethering, but I suppose it's the same usefulness in the end.
02-22-2018, 09:07 PM   #12
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 138
Not working with my K-3II and Windows 10 either. I can't even set the shutter speed in camera as the dial doesn't work.
The software only let me take photos of 30" exposure.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, k-3, k3, pentax k-3, pktriggercord
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K3 mode dial does not work anymore. It's always M now. Really Cool Pentax K-3 20 12-03-2016 07:59 PM
Does anyone know the Sto-Fen Omni bounce model that will work with the AF360FGZ II sarge Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 11 04-05-2016 07:13 AM
pentax k3ii live view tracking AF--does it work on yours? ontariomark Pentax K-3 12 03-16-2016 12:18 AM
pktriggercord does Android rawr Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 4 03-31-2015 12:22 PM
Does the CS-205 Remote work with the K10D? macdaddy Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 5 02-05-2007 09:04 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top